Lane Kiffin as O-Coordinator - your opinion

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Re: Lane Kiffen as O-Coordinator - your opinion

\i think he will use this as a stepping stone and will be gone next year.
I've read Saban asks for a 2 yr commitment from assistants. Hopefully Kiffin won't burn the only life line he had over the offseason.

My opinion -> This is the least predictable offense I've seen in a while. Apparently Kiffin on the sideline is a godsend for Blake on the sideline. CNS has said so himself. I think we will needs this until Blake gets a little better game awareness in terms of clock management and making checks at the line.

Oh and it is funny how quickly people's opinion of him changed around here. Including mine. :)

Last edited:

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010

he is the perfect fit our our offense. has developed a 5th year senior not able to make plays, into a system qb, that carry out his game plans. he incorporates all our talent into a dynamic team effort. he is so calm on the field and it helps saban as well. takes a lot of pressure off the head coach. the pieces are coming together, and just in time for miss. I believe having coker is a big assest, because kiffin can coach qbs, and give them the opportunity to succeed. I think we see the difference with off coord nuss at Michigan, and they have no offense now. they have gotten worse. nuss just did not see the whole field of operation and limited our talent. just amazing, 4major turnovers, and we still blow out fla. I am still concerned about the middle of our off line. they just cannot run between tackles at all. if you notice majority of gains were outside the tackles. need to improve there.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
My thoughts have been that there was no was Nick Saban would have hired him hdd he not known what was happening. While I loved nusseimier, he had apparently lost his freaking mind at Michigan (who lost to Utah yesterday). I actually think kiffin stays next year, and maybe a year after that (maybe.)

I'd say he could be vandies next head coach, but I think he likes winning

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012

If he were to stay at Bama & continues to learn under Coach Saban..Stays out of the media spotlight & doesn't embarrass himself or the University doing something silly or stupid like he did at Tennessee..And he proves that he truly is one of the best offensive minds in the game..When the day comes that Coach Saban retires, would y'all be ok if Coach Kiffin was considered for our HC'ing job, that day will eventually come one day..I hope Coach Saban stays another 10yrs though..
I dunno. If he truly becomes a disciple of Saban then why not. Fire some reason I see A.J. returning in the far future, our version of Stallings to Bryant.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

Great article in the NY Times today about CNS taking a chance on LK. They play to the fact that no one really wanted him after his time in Knoxville and span at USC. Shows CNS's brilliance in evaluating people and talent.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

he is the perfect fit our our offense. has developed a 5th year senior not able to make plays, into a system qb, that carry out his game plans. he incorporates all our talent into a dynamic team effort. he is so calm on the field and it helps saban as well. takes a lot of pressure off the head coach. the pieces are coming together, and just in time for miss. I believe having coker is a big assest, because kiffin can coach qbs, and give them the opportunity to succeed. I think we see the difference with off coord nuss at Michigan, and they have no offense now. they have gotten worse. nuss just did not see the whole field of operation and limited our talent. just amazing, 4major turnovers, and we still blow out fla. I am still concerned about the middle of our off line. they just cannot run between tackles at all. if you notice majority of gains were outside the tackles. need to improve there.
i think most of that was due to the fact that florida was pretty much gambling by shutting down the run and making blake beat them. that strategy didn't work so well.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Great article in the NY Times today about CNS taking a chance on LK. They play to the fact that no one really wanted him after his time in Knoxville and span at USC. Shows CNS's brilliance in evaluating people and talent.
and i think he will get an immense amount of loyalty/appreciation from kiffin by giving him a chance to re-create his image. a few solid seasons with regular performances like we saw yesterday will make everyone forget about his earlier problems at ut and uscw

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

i also wanted to add, lane kiffin seems like the type of guy (based on nothing other than my far off observations) who wants to just flat out embarrass tennessee and will take much joy in it. (much like spurrier and georgia)

that makes me feel good inside.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama

I believe this is what Kiffen should be doing at this point in his career. He was obviously not ready to be a head coach when he got those opportunities. But he is an excellent play caller and OC. If somebody else doesn't come along and hire him away in the next year or two, a few years under Coach Saban might prepare him properly for another top job.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating. Given the offensive numbers posted in another thread, through the first four games, the offense seems much more effective than last year's. Sure, this is a super-talented offensive side, but last year's was super-talented as well, and yet, especially in critical circumstances, was not able to get the job done. Nuss was no slouch, but I believe Kiffin is a significant part of the difference. We'll see when Bama gets into the meat of the SEC schedule. Two years of this, though, and I believe CLK's phone will be blowing up come January 2016.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

I think he has also developed Sims and in time will develop Coker too.

That very first play today was about matchups. He saw it, Blake threw it, Drake caught it and the place went wild!!!
That start to the game displayed some sheer genius.
He KNEW, from film study, that Florida would cover the running back, man to man, with a linebacker.
Therefore, he starts Kenyan, our fastest running back, rather than TJ or Derrick, and splits Kenyan wide, rather than in the I formation.
The results are indisputable.
Great job so far, without question. A plus on steroids.
Most total yardage, after four games, of any Bama team in history.
sip

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.