Lane Kiffin as O-Coordinator - your opinion

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Re: Lane Kiffen as O-Coordinator - your opinion

Can't believe Nick hired the bum. Coulda made a run at Brent pease or al Borges.

califbamafan

1st Team
Nov 7, 2005
Rialto, Calif

Kiffen doing a great job so far. I really like his play calling. keeps the other defense off balance most of the time y . n

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

I miss Coah Nuss.

I knew Kiffin was perfect hire from the start. I am afraid we will only have him this year.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I think he has also developed Sims and in time will develop Coker too.

That very first play today was about matchups. He saw it, Blake threw it, Drake caught it and the place went wild!!!

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

kiffin has been great, but i think he will use this as a stepping stone and will be gone next year.
Saban usually asks for a minimum two-year commitment. Also, keep in mind that Kiffen's offensive prowess has never really been the issue. He probably needs more than a single year to rehabilitate his image.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

If he were to stay at Bama & continues to learn under Coach Saban..Stays out of the media spotlight & doesn't embarrass himself or the University doing something silly or stupid like he did at Tennessee..And he proves that he truly is one of the best offensive minds in the game..When the day comes that Coach Saban retires, would y'all be ok if Coach Kiffin was considered for our HC'ing job, that day will eventually come one day..I hope Coach Saban stays another 10yrs though..

B

BroadwayJoe777

Kiffin's great offensive coordinator and recruiting skills have never been a question. The main question with him was his inability to be a good head football coach. So what if we lose him next year. I'll trade a year of Kiffin and National Championship #16 for a more loyal OC next year...:)

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA

Don't know why everyone thinks Kiffin will be gone after this season. Like another poster has already noted: it's going to take him more than one season to rehab his image and to prove he can stick around for a bit.
Now to answer the post question: So far, he has been excellent as OC. He has done an excellent job with Sims as well as putting the offense into a lot of win-win situations.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

I had gotten frustrated after the first half and switched to ABC, and they did a a takeaway from the game they had on to update the Bama score, and the person with the update pointed out Bama's first half turnovers and said, plain as day, "The reason for those turnovers and the resulting scores? Two words: Lane Kiffin." The in-game announcers were almost speechless when the feed came back to them - I can't remember who this idiot was, wish I could as I would certainly post something on his blog or fb page telling him how much of an idiot he is for making that comment.
Lane Kiffin will be (and somebody mark this down) the best OC Bama has EVER had. I wasn't thrilled with the hire but looking at the circumstances and his experience, I thought it might work out. It is working out, and barring any injuries and the offense's ability to clean up the sloppiness, this will be the most prolific offense in Bama history. JMO
The interception was a tipped ball, but the fumbles are inexcusable. They will have to reduce those or Bama will lose one, maybe two games. They won't beat aggies barners or dogs with those. (forget the who's, they have just been exposed).

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country

He has made a positive influence on both play calling and player development. He is certainly one of the best OC's in the nation. I'm glad we have him.

PinsonTider

Scout Team
Sep 19, 2005
Pinson, ALABAMA

I was a little critical of him when CNS hired him. I've been a fan of Kiffin's OC coaching for a long time, but just wasn't a fan of his actions as a HC. I know that CNS won't put up with any antics if CLK were to start acting a fool. I honestly believe he's in a great position right now, and it's right where he and his family want to be. I'm sure other schools will come shopping him, but I'm pretty sure Alabama will reach deep and do whatever it takes to keep him here too.

Completely off subject, but has anyone seen Layla Kiffin wearing crimson and white? I mean, she was smoking hot in Tennessee "puke" orange!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.