Lane Kiffin as O-Coordinator - your opinion

BamaMcGowin

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 8, 2012
Corydon, Iowa
As much as my Bama-minded view of college football history tells me to really dislike Kiffin in the past - and I do dislike everything he did and how he did it at Tenn and USC, I can't help but admire how well he has done under CNS in directing this offense. He has opened up Amari Cooper to the potential he has - I'm not sure we would see this kind of explosive stats with any of our other coordinators of the past. His play calling has been fantastic so far. Other coordinators didn't seem to know how to use all the talent the way he does - and that's not a knock on them; they did great with what we had at the time, but he just seems to have a knack for this team. I can tell by watching that he hasn't really opened up the playbook yet. We keep running the same kind of off-tackle runs, bootlegs, screens, and deep balls so far. I believe later on in the year (when we need it) he'll get the TE's going, and we'll see even more of his play calling put to the test.
What say ye?

Great win today! Roll Tide!

Last edited by a moderator:

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
Re: Lane Kiffen as O-Coordinator - your opinion

When you look up offensive coordinator in the dictionary it will have a picture of Lane Kiffin.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

kiffin has been great, but i think he will use this as a stepping stone and will be gone next year.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL

Kiffin started the game featuring Drake with the long pass, and then the next offensive play would've been a good run if Drake hadn't fumbled. I think everyone would've expected Cooper immediately. I also remember towards the end of the first quarter/beginning of the second quarter, Kiffin featured DeAndrew White while using Cooper as a decoy. That continued onto Howard for a little bit.

Kiffin is doing a great job calling plays. We're putting up yards that are crazy given the circumstances, Sims looks like a totally different QB from the spring game, and despite Cooper getting the most stats, we still have very dependable players who are producing (Yeldon, Henry, Drake).

I also want to commend Cristobal for his work on the offensive line. Dude has made that line a lot better than last year. Even Cam Robinson appeared to have little trouble with Fowler today.

pbearbryant

Scout Team
Nov 2, 2007

I am only 37 but he is the best I have seen since I can remember

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

He's prolly going to win the "Assistant Of The Year" & I couldn't be any prouder for him..He's won this Bama Fan over & I'm thankful he's our OC & a member of the Crimson Tide Family..I hope he sticks around for a longggg time cause he's as good recruiting as we have on the staff(behind Coach Saban of course..LOL)..

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.