Coach Lane Kiffin appreciation thread

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I will reserve judgment on the man, but as an offensive play caller, he is on fire right now. I don't remember Bama ever being in such a rhythm offensively as we have been this year. In years past, we seemed to go into a rut offensively, but I am in awe of this team. Best offseason hire, period.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Coach Kiffin has done the job he was hired for. All our competitors thought CNS made a big mistake hiring him but now we know why. Great job coach Kiffin and Roll Tide!

PDL

All-SEC
Oct 16, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I never liked the man, but each Saturday he is winning me over. Doing an amazing job with our offense. Thank you, Coach Kiffin!

chuaner

Scout Team
Aug 26, 2008
Sorry to be honest, although so far so good, the biggest challenges are still ahead. Remember what coach nussmeier did back in 2012 and see how he struggled at woverrines. And how gator fans love about Charlie weis before they met us in 2011.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I may be reading too much into this but I think his presence on the field instead of the booth is HUGE. I have noticed several times that when he is giving the QB the play at the sidelines, he sort of nudges the QB onto the field as if to say "Go take care of business. We are behind you." It's subtle but I think this is helping a lot, particularly with Coker.

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014
I could be wrong but I believe not only is Kiffin on the sideline for helping our qb's, but I truly believe part of it is for Kiffin to see how Saban handles head coaching during a game. Saban not only teaches players he develops coaches. I believe we have Kiffin on loan this year and believe he will be a head coach next year (if he wants it.) I think 2 or 3 years under Saban could make Kiffin a different head coach in the future. With that said, I believe Saban has learned from Kiffin as well and I doubt we will ever have another OC in the booth as long as Saban is here. Like I said I could be wrong but is only an opinion.

miggy402

1st Team
Aug 23, 2009
Waycross, GA
Sorry to be honest, although so far so good, the biggest challenges are still ahead. Remember what coach nussmeier did back in 2012 and see how he struggled at woverrines. And how gator fans love about Charlie weis before they met us in 2011.
I don't think there is any comparison between LK and Nussmeier. The predictability of our offense under Nussmeier was almost nauseating. I think LK has just scratched the surface as to what's up his sleeve offensively.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.