Is Henry our best back. ?

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I don't understand it either. It seemed like Drake got punished for his fumble but White got a pass. Both guys fumbled but Drake was rarely in the game after his.
Maybe because of his prior mistakes that got him in the doghouse? He doesn't give him much leeway...

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Do what? All of his yards came on the first play of the game(the long pass) and his first carry of the game,(ten yards before fumbling) which was our second offensive play of the game.
That happened because the Gator defense was tired?
I'm missing it.
sip
I assume he meant Henry, not Drake

EDIT: I now see the clarification above.

M2J

All-American
Jan 28, 2007
Maybe or Maybe not the best runner. But overall, TJ is the one I trust the most.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Yep ,,Joe cribbs had lateral movement and didn't lose any speed you can't coach that, you got it or you don't was cat quick and this #20 ,has a build similar to sims.He will be very good wait and see.
I get it, you're a Tyren fan. But it's a little ridiculous to say the best back on the field is on the bench. He may prove you right, one day, but that's not today.

CLINT

1st Team
Aug 11, 2010
Central Illinois
it is so weird watching him run. it looks like he is lollygagging and next thing i know he is running right by people. i never know what to expect but most of the time he gets more out of the play than i thought possible.
I have said this many times. But I think it has to do with his super long legs. It's like he is gliding... and then when he does get tackled... he falls for an extra 3 yards. Always falling forward

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
My observations on our RBs:

TJ runs like he is a proven back that knows he'll be a pro next year.

Kenyan Drake runs like it's the last time he'll get the ball ever (and may well be).

Derrick Henry runs like a German Panzer over a bunch of sissy Frenchmen.

I think TJ was feeling the affects from his injury. He didn't look like the same back out there tonight and he appeared to be limping at times. That being said, he is our best back. And to me it isn't really close. It was tough sledding running out there then he sparked us when Blake went out. He has my vote. That isn't to say Henry is a bad back. He is not. I just feel TJ is the man.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I think all three of our backs are excellent. Coming into the season I thought Henry was our best back, hands down. Now, season to date, I'd rate T.J. number one, Kenyan number two, and Derrick 3.
I'd just like to see a little more emotion from Derrick.
sip
Sip, I thought this game that he really came to life -- started hitting the hole with some force and then letting his natural abilities take over. He seemed timid before getting smacked in the face in the 1st half...it seemed to wake him up. Also, I don't know if it is his running so high, but he seems awkward at times...not the most agile or shifty back. But with his size, speed and power he is tough to tackle when determined.

Did you see CNS talking with KD toward the end of the game. KD wanted to go in and CNS just said to the effect, "You put the ball on the ground." In his defense so did DW and BS, but they kept playing...

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Sip, I thought this game that he really came to life -- started hitting the hole with some force and then letting his natural abilities take over. He seemed timid before getting smacked in the face in the 1st half...it seemed to wake him up. Also, I don't know if it is his running so high, but he seems awkward at times...not the most agile or shifty back. But with his size, speed and power he is tough to tackle when determined.

Did you see CNS talking with KD toward the end of the game. KD wanted to go in and CNS just said to the effect, "You put the ball on the ground." In his defense so did DW and BS, but they kept playing...
Especially when you see how the other two fumbled. Drake had it raked from him as he was pushing for more

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
I really enjoy watching TJ run. He glides, cuts and then bang finishes every run. He had two or three effort runs yesterday where there was nothing there but he ran mad and made something out of nothing. Plus, he' great on the screen pass. The line didn't run blk well until FL got tired but maybe they found a little confidence then. Can't complain about their pass blocking at all.

marcusroby

1st Team
Jan 7, 2004
auburn,al usa
We have to remember also that UF was selling out to stop the run. Running lanes will be better moving forward. I believe talent wise, the Gators are the best def we will face. Scheme may not be the best but talent for sure. We will run on lesser opponents because of what we did in the passing game today.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
We have to remember also that UF was selling out to stop the run. Running lanes will be better moving forward. I believe talent wise, the Gators are the best def we will face. Scheme may not be the best but talent for sure. We will run on lesser opponents because of what we did in the passing game today.
agreed 100%. florida demonstrated to everyone what will happen if they sell out to stop the run. by the 3d quarter, their defense was beaten down.

i still think its TJ, DH and KD and i am really glad we don't have to face any of them this year

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX

Im beginning to wonder if Saban is trying to drive home a message, this is one area if KD improves he has the opportunity to be great at the next level.

oldtimetider

1st Team
Nov 16, 2008
originally put this comment in the post-game thread:
With great performances by Cooper and Sims...and White to compliment them...and Henry...it's easy to forget about Drake. In terms of pure athletic ability, he may be the most gifted of all....fumbles aside, that young man can arguably do more things on a football than any of them...Here's hoping he has a great year....
Like SIP, I wonder why he gets less leeway...I'm thinking that he's not doing something that he's coached to do in terms of ball protection..or maybe he puts in on the ground in practice more than the other guys...must be something like that..

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I don't understand it either. It seemed like Drake got punished for his fumble but White got a pass. Both guys fumbled but Drake was rarely in the game after his.
White doesn't have a fumbling problem. I don't recall him ever doing it before. Drake, OTOH, scares me every time he touches the ball. He's a great player, but he has a problem with holding onto the ball.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.