Is Henry our best back. ?

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
It looks that way to me. He's decisive when cutting, has vision and acceleration.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
No,,#20. He's a cross between Joe cribbs and billy sims. He has a good set of wheels.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
They are all good but I prefer Drake because of his speed. He just fumbles to much to get consistent PT. It looked like he was the starter today as he was the #1 back on the next drive after he caught that 87 yard bomb. Until he fumbled..

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
It's a tough call for me between Yeldon or Henry.....Truthfully the O-Line in not run blocking well at all and whatever yards are made are up to the RB. Yeldon had some FANTASTIC runs today where he was dead behind/at the LOS and had to weave and glide to get anything. Maybe Henry hits the SLIVER of daylight harder but the O-Line isn't helping them at all.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I think all three of our backs are excellent. Coming into the season I thought Henry was our best back, hands down. Now, season to date, I'd rate T.J. number one, Kenyan number two, and Derrick 3.
I'd just like to see a little more emotion from Derrick.
sip

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
They are all good but I prefer Drake because of his speed. He just fumbles to much to get consistent PT. It looked like he was the starter today as he was the #1 back on the next drive after he caught that 87 yard bomb. Until he fumbled..
If Drake can solve his fumbling problem, he will make a lot of money in the NFL. But it is a real problem.

B

BroadwayJoe777

I think a lot of Henry's yards today came on a tired Gator D. With that being said, I think he is the most powerful back we have. Drake is the fastest and TJ is a little of both. JMHO.

Last edited:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
If Drake can solve his fumbling problem, he will make a lot of money in the NFL. But it is a real problem.
I'd bet that T.J. has fumbled many more times than Kenyan. I don't understand why Coach Saban benches Kenyan for a fumble when he has continuously allowed T.J. to fumble in critical situations without any penalty at all.
I don't have the stats in front of me, but, again, I'd bet that T.J. has turned it over way more than Kenyan.
sip

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
it is so weird watching him run. it looks like he is lollygagging and next thing i know he is running right by people. i never know what to expect but most of the time he gets more out of the play than i thought possible.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
TJ looks to me like he's waiting for holes that aren't opening. Henry plants and goes and it's fun to watch.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I think a lot of Drake's yards today came on a tired Gator D. With that being said, I think he is the most powerful back we have. Drake is the fastest and TJ is a little of both. JMHO.
Do what? All of his yards came on the first play of the game(the long pass) and his first carry of the game,(ten yards before fumbling) which was our second offensive play of the game.
That happened because the Gator defense was tired?
I'm missing it.
sip

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I'd bet that T.J. has fumbled many more times than Kenyan. I don't understand why Coach Saban benches Kenyan for a fumble when he has continuously allowed T.J. to fumble in critical situations without any penalty at all.
I don't have the stats in front of me, but, again, I'd bet that T.J. has turned it over way more than Kenyan.
sip
I don't understand it either. It seemed like Drake got punished for his fumble but White got a pass. Both guys fumbled but Drake was rarely in the game after his.

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
TJ looks to me like he's waiting for holes that aren't opening. Henry plants and goes and it's fun to watch.
Many times I see the exact opposite with Henry. He seems to run very tentatively. It was very apparent in the first half today. Then midway through the 3rd quarter he seemed to be. Different type of back.

B

BroadwayJoe777

Do what? All of his yards came on the first play of the game(the long pass) and his first carry of the game,(ten yards before fumbling) which was our second offensive play of the game.
That happened because the Gator defense was tired?
I'm missing it.
sip
Sorry sip, I meant to say Henry got a lot of his yards on a tired Gator D, not Drake. I'll edit it...:)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.