first play: I'm not the only one who instantly thought this, am I?

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
I believe kiffen watched that game.
Man O Man. Through years of crap and crap to come out like we did in that game, it was special to watch.

Read the last paragraph of my signature. It was written by JessN after the 09 SECCG. It's applies just as much to that game as it did the 05 game. THATS ALABAMA FOOTBALL.

Last edited:

marcusroby

1st Team
Jan 7, 2004
auburn,al usa
That first play was a result of the first three games' playcalling. Nobody respected Simms ability to throw the deep ball because of the screen game. When UF got aggressive, boom hit them with a hitch and go wheel route. I love it personally.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
Gary Rutledge to Wayne Wheeler for 80 yards on the first play from scrimmage against Tennessee in 1973 is what came to my mind first on that first TD pass play. :)
I remember that game well...I was 11 years old and ran into the kitchen to tell my Grandmother we already scored and she told me to stop telling lies :)

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
I watched the Prothro game with my dad. We were both so excited. I think he would have at least been a Heisman finalist. His skill with kick returning put him over the top. I did think about that yesterday when Blake hit that pass to Drake. Now defenses don't know what to do. Stop the run you get beat through the air, short and deep. Drop back to try and cover here comes a steady dose of 4, 27, and 17 along with a little 6 for flavoring. This offense is going to be something to behold. Bama played the best defense they will see all year yesterday. I don't think Ole Miss is ready for what's coming to get them.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Broyle to Prothro was a 87 yarder on the 1st play against Florida
Sims to Drizzy was a 87 yarder on the 1st play against Florida

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011
Gary Rutledge to Wayne Wheeler for 80 yards on the first play from scrimmage against Tennessee in 1973 is what came to my mind first on that first TD pass play. :)
I remember that one well. I still want to see teams try that more often because of it.

I watched the Prothro game with my dad. We were both so excited. I think he would have at least been a Heisman finalist. His skill with kick returning put him over the top. I did think about that yesterday when Blake hit that pass to Drake. Now defenses don't know what to do. Stop the run you get beat through the air, short and deep. Drop back to try and cover here comes a steady dose of 4, 27, and 17 along with a little 6 for flavoring. This offense is going to be something to behold. Bama played the best defense they will see all year yesterday. I don't think Ole Miss is ready for what's coming to get them.
Also, you can't rush our QB because he can take off and get 20!

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
When I saw that first play my first thought was I bet Blake is enjoying showing off his long ball arm.

"Ten game ceiling? Watch this..."

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
I was there. It was my Freshman year at Bama and Legion Field went wild! The Blake to Drake toss was very similar.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.