Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
In no order;

FSU
Oregon
Oklahoma
Alabama
Texas A&M/AU/Mississippi St

I agree with Krazy, FSU won without their best player...as much as I HATE to give them credit I have to. The last spot I had a three-way tie, because I think they are all in a murky situation that will be resolved in the next couple of weeks.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Honestly it's Bama, Boomer, and the field. FSU just doesn't play with the same energy they did last year. They are trying to prolong a nice ride that's about to come to an end. Oregon hasn't been scoring early in the season like they usually do, and their offense always tapers off as the season wears on. Auburn has a tough schedule and will get beat. A&M looks pretty good though.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
LSU should have lost to Wisconsin and for all we know LSU could be on their way to an *uburnesque type year (2012).
The funny thing is when I said that lsu could be a 6 to 8 win team and miss state could be a 10 win team everyone said I was crazy. It is still early but the miss state vs ATM game will tell us a lot. But to stay on topic I have the rankings this way cuz I hate that #1 on our backs
1. Oklahoma
2. Bama

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014
while, it is a little early, because I believe finally with the conference games now getting going, the top 4 will change each week. after this week I like Oklahoma, Alabama, texas A&M, and auburn. I think once again Oregon is showing what a paper tiger they are. fla st is not as good as last year, and I cant stand Winston. the three sec teams I picked will knock each other off when they play others like miss, miss st, auburn, and arks is getting scary good.
I agree this may be best any division has ever been in the history of college football. After this week only Arkansas will not be ranked in the west. They should be but I doubt they rank all the SEC West. If so the whole West teams strength of schedule should be in top 20 in nation.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I agree this may be best any division has ever been in the history of college football. After this week only Arkansas will not be ranked in the west. They should be but I doubt they rank all the SEC West. If so the whole West teams strength of schedule should be in top 20 in nation.
Didn't the SEC West have 3 teams in the top 4 a few years ago - late in the season? That was pretty impressive.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
According to ESPN FPI (football power index?) for those who think there is an agenda to keep two SEC teams out of the final four..

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
Mississippi State belongs on this list more that FSU, IMO.

Alabama
Oregon
Oklahoma
aTm
Miss State
How quickly we forget.....Mittittippi Tate struggled at home against UAB. I do love the fact that they won at LSU, but i think you will see as the season plays out, that LSU will be a 6-6 or 7-5 team. Not as impressive as it feels right now. I'd put MSU in the 15-20 range, as far as ranking.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
How does anyone have Oregon in the top 5 still. Especially in the top 2 . They have serious line issues. Don't know how MSU lost to them . I watched the game last night and Washington st looked the better team. A critical turnover a no call PI saved the ducks. The box score shows the yardage almost dead even , but Wazzu had 29 first downs which is probabl why it seemed the were in control of the game. Don't just assume with the Ducks, watch how they play, of course that game went off about 2:00am eastern . Also, anyone notice that the bottom tier woeful West Virginny team actually out gained the Sooners . The Sooners d gave up 129 more yards to WVU than Bama. And gained less. Yesterday , I thought this Bama team wasn't as good as years best, but they are still the best in the nation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk yuuyyyy

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
How quickly we forget.....Mittittippi Tate struggled at home against UAB. I do love the fact that they won at LSU, but i think you will see as the season plays out, that LSU will be a 6-6 or 7-5 team. Not as impressive as it feels right now. I'd put MSU in the 15-20 range, as far as ranking.
It's not as big of a win as the media is making it out to be I think lsu has been getting the Georgia treatment in the rankings by just putting them there on the consistency of talent the past 4 years, but I said in the lsu prediction thread that replacing a defense and the best qb you had in 8 years would be a huge drop off for lsu. I predicted 6-6 with a loss to whiskey bit I had them beating aTm so the 6-6 could still be there

As for MSU they could be undefeated coming into bds if they beat ATM. I think they are capable of beating since ATM doesn't have a defense and MSU does, but it's going to be a game to watch and hopefully ATM is worn out by the missippi schools when they come to bds

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
1. Bama
2. Oklahoma
3. Texas A@M
4. Oregon

If FSU is SOOOO dependent on Winston, to barely beat a pretty average Clemson team, they're really not all that and a bucket of chicken.

sip

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
1. Bama
2. Oklahoma
3. Texas A@M
4. Oregon

If FSU is SOOOO dependent on Winston, to barely beat a pretty average Clemson team, they're really not all that and a bucket of chicken.

sip

this is the way I feel as well. To me , Bama and OU have seperated themselves just a little from everyone. Bama has shown against decent teams like WVU and florida they can play their B game and still win with talent. if they ever clean up the mistakes, this team will be scary.
OU seems to be the most complete team. they are good in all three phases. still not sold on Trevor knight,but they found a RB last night.
It is funny that Bama is playing a little more finesse than than normal and OU has become a little more physical than 2-3years ago.
All the other teams have a flaw.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
My top 5 based on resume alone:

1. Oklahoma - won on the road twice by decent margins
2. Texas A&M - won on the road and against ranked teams
3. Auburn - won on the road against ranked teams
4. Oregon - beat a ranked team
5. Ole Miss - won on the road

(6) Alabama - we haven't beaten anyone on the road and haven't beaten a ranked team yet. This of course will change as the season wears on.

Who will be there at the end?

1. Alabama (We may lose a game but we'll win the SEC)
2. Oregon (Nobody in Pac12 will beat them this year)
3. Oklahoma or Baylor (Whoever wins out)
4. FSU (they don't play anyone but if they lose a game, I think a Big 10 team gets in -- Michigan St, Ohio St or Wisconsin)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.