So after yesterday, what is your Top 5?

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
this is the way I feel as well. To me , Bama and OU have seperated themselves just a little from everyone. Bama has shown against decent teams like WVU and florida they can play their B game and still win with talent. if they ever clean up the mistakes, this team will be scary.
OU seems to be the most complete team. they are good in all three phases. still not sold on Trevor knight,but they found a RB last night.
It is funny that Bama is playing a little more finesse than than normal and OU has become a little more physical than 2-3years ago.
All the other teams have a flaw.
I still think the advantage we'd have over OU is that their defense isn't as good as ours.
They give up some pretty big plays. Our guys haven't done that so far.

B

BroadwayJoe777

Mine:

1. Alabama
2. Oklahoma
3. Oregon
4. Florida State
5. Texas A&M

Alabama in my opinion is the best team in the country atm. With or without Winston, this is nowhere near the same FSU team from last year.
Dittos!

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
BYU could get in if they are undefeated and they are the only undefeated.
BYU is a fun team to watch. These guys hit hard too. And if the committee is the way I think they will be and the circumstances come up as you suggest, I wouldn't doubt it. In my opinion though, they don't belong unless 4 of the 5 Power Conferences just completely implode.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Alabama
Oklahoma
Auburn
Florida State

Thats in no particular order. I've never pulled for Notre Dame, but I'll be eating lucky charms cereal and wearing blue and gold when they play FSU later this year. Oregon is the same ole same ole and will drop a game they are favored to win. I think ultimately everyone in the west drops a game.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think ultimately everyone in the west drops a game.
IMO, the only team with a chance to sweep the SECW is Alabama because your team is capable of matching up defensively with any offense, and offensively with any defense. Saban has really changed the type of players that he recruits. Offensively, you can play fast or slow. You can pound the ball, or finesse a team. Defensively, you can play old school smash mouth defense to stop Arkansas, or you can play nickel/dime defense to stop the spread. IMO, your only weaknesses are your special teams play and your turnover margin.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.