All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Mine:

1. Alabama
2. Oklahoma
3. Oregon
4. Florida State
5. Texas A&M

Alabama in my opinion is the best team in the country atm. With or without Winston, this is nowhere near the same FSU team from last year.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Mine:

1. Alabama
2. Oklahoma
3. Oregon
4. Florida State
5. Texas A&M

Alabama in my opinion is the best team in the country atm. With or without Winston, this is nowhere near the same FSU team from last year.
Those 5 in any order. It will all play itself out..

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Mississippi State belongs on this list more that FSU, IMO.

Alabama
Oregon
Oklahoma
aTm
Miss State

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
I am with B1G Tide. FSU is off my radar and I think ND will take them out. Hard to say who I would replace them with at this point since ESPN Sports Center obviously has a vested interest in keeping them and Rapeis at the top. 5 minute segment this morning, complete with Jimbo's interview and Robert Smith's "Oh he's just a kid" commentary. This was followed by a 1 highlight, 10 second review of the Bama game along with 3 or 4 plays from other games. Oh, Michigan got a long segment in there humiliation to Utah.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Mississippi State belongs on this list more that FSU, IMO.

Alabama
Oregon
Oklahoma
aTm
Miss State
Miss. St. is doing what they do often...playing well early.

No doubt, big win for them in death valley, but let's let the season play out a little more and see how good LSU is and let's see how Miss. St. handles a little bit of lime-light.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
I am with B1G Tide. FSU is off my radar and I think ND will take them out. Hard to say who I would replace them with at this point since ESPN Sports Center obviously has a vested interest in keeping them and Rapeis at the top. 5 minute segment this morning, complete with Jimbo's interview and Robert Smith's "Oh he's just a kid" commentary. This was followed by a 1 highlight, 10 second review of the Bama game along with 3 or 4 plays from other games. Oh, Michigan got a long segment in there humiliation to Utah.
I think, the more attention ESPN and others give Winston, this team could self-destruct come Notre Dame, I say could.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

No doubt, big win for them in death valley, but let's let the season play out a little more and see how good LSU is and let's see how Miss. St. handles a little bit of lime-light.
LSU should have lost to Wisconsin and for all we know LSU could be on their way to an *uburnesque type year (2012).

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
Alabama
Oklahoma
Texas A&M
Auburn
Ole Miss

This mine at the moment. I wasn't impressed at all with Oregon yesterday. WSU was all over them, and they have some serious OL problems. FSU isn't nearly as good as they were last year. They may get in the playoffs anyway because they are in the ACC. I think Michigan St. could work their way back into the discussion before it's all over. The Barn, A&M, Ole Siss, and Bama will eliminate each other, but that doesn't mean they aren't in the best 5 in the country. If Bama runs this gauntlet in the SEC West they should call off the playoff and hand Bama the trophy, and that goes for any of the West teams.

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014
1) Alabama
2) Oregon
3) Texas A&M * has a lot left to prove.
4) OU
5) Auburn * even with bad performance this week better than FSU and others.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I agree, but my rankings are based on what I have seen, and they belong in the top 5 based on play to date. They may well fall apart, but they haven't yet and they just beat a pretty good team in a very hostile environment.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
At this moment based on what I've seen so far

1. Oklahoma
2. Alabama
3. Tamu
4. Auburn
5. Oregon

I moved us up two spots based on yesterday's performance.(I had us previously at no. 4)

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think, the more attention ESPN and others give Winston, this team could self-destruct come Notre Dame, I say could.
I will be pulling for Notre Dame in that game - and then we will have to listen to the talking heads as they try to push the Irish into the playoff. Still, better ND that FSU right now.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
1: Alabama
2: Oklahoma

Then, I think it gets really tricky. I hate FSU, and I don't like the idea of giving them extra credit for playing without Winston, but it's also hard not to. Plus, they are the defending champs. Then you have Oregon, Texas A&M, and Auburn all bunched up. I'd probably have to go something like.

3: FSU
4: Oregon
5: Texas A&M

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
while, it is a little early, because I believe finally with the conference games now getting going, the top 4 will change each week. after this week I like Oklahoma, Alabama, texas A&M, and auburn. I think once again Oregon is showing what a paper tiger they are. fla st is not as good as last year, and I cant stand Winston. the three sec teams I picked will knock each other off when they play others like miss, miss st, auburn, and arks is getting scary good.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I will be pulling for Notre Dame in that game - and then we will have to listen to the talking heads as they try to push the Irish into the playoff. Still, better ND that FSU right now.
I am pulling for NC State next week and Wake Forrest the next and Syracuse the next and Notre Dame the next (shudder) and bye the next and Louisville the next and Virginia the next and Miami the next (double shudder) and Boston College the next and Florida the next

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.