Link: Spurrier takes shots at his own team. Brutally honest.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
STEVE SPURRIER on what he called one of the worst wins of his career (at Vanderbilt): “The way we play is embarrassing, and I’m the head coach of this embarrassing group of guys. We are who we are. We’re not a very good team but we’re 3-1 somehow and we’ve got all the voters fooled thinking we’re pretty good I guess because we beat Georgia. I don’t know what all can help this team, I really don’t.”

I know a lot of you might say "what a douche, how could he say this, it's tearing his guys down" but having played sports my whole life, if the coach is saying this, in public, it's because he's already said everything else to his team. I think Spurrier is a solid coach and I've always liked his up front approach. The entire east is in shambles right note and quite frankly I'd like to see someone take the wheel.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
STEVE SPURRIER on what he called one of the worst wins of his career (at Vanderbilt): “The way we play is embarrassing, and I’m the head coach of this embarrassing group of guys. We are who we are. We’re not a very good team but we’re 3-1 somehow and we’ve got all the voters fooled thinking we’re pretty good I guess because we beat Georgia. I don’t know what all can help this team, I really don’t.”

I know a lot of you might say "what a douche, how could he say this, it's tearing his guys down" but having played sports my whole life, if the coach is saying this, in public, it's because he's already said everything else to his team. I think Spurrier is a solid coach and I've always liked his up front approach. The entire east is in shambles right note and quite frankly I'd like to see someone take the wheel.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
He needs to take a long hard look at himself.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Ol' ball coach really knows how to inspire his players. His griping about their schedule is priceless.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
It means that he needs to spend a little less time playing golf and thinking about Nick Saban and more time looking for ways to improve his team. It all starts with him.
Torn on that. They play uninspired sometimes. I remember an Alabama team like that last year. I sure didn't think CNS was at fault as he constantly made statements regarding it, the lackadaisical playing, relying purely on talent and no team concept.

And Spurrier did say in a few quotes that he was ultimately responsible as the head coach.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
USC stunk it up and Spurrier admitted it. That's his style. There probably aren't a dozen major D1 teams USC beats the way they played yesterday...fortunately for them Vandy was one of them.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.