Tony Brown appreciation

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I think we might be seeing Brown/Jackson the next ballgame if Eddie gets healthy. Brown played GREAT versus a SEC team in his first start. Amazing. Also most of the time I seen him he was up in press coverage as well it seemed but I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to pre-snap as I was truck shopping at the time I was watching the game too.....lol

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Completely different from AJ and Barrett. AJ got upset from Barrett not snapping the ball fast enough and embarrassed his teammate. Seemed like Blake was telling Cam to calm down because he had been getting into a few shove matches with Fowler after the previous few plays. IIRC, there was another guy at the end of the line the next play. Not sure if it was just an unbalanced line or what.

In re: Tony Brown. He played very well yesterday. Who does he replace if he becomes a starter? Eddie hasn't stayed healthy, but Cyrus doesn't have Tony's size. Going to guess he takes Cyrus' spot if/when Eddie gets healthy.
It's a shame for CJ, but that's the most likely outcome.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Maybe I see it differently, but CJ hasn't played that badly. In fact, besides Landon, and has been the most consistent DB we've had this year. Now, when EJ gets healthy, he and Brown might be the best corners on the team, but CJ hasn't been a liability, IMO. As much we play nickel these days, maybe we can get them all on the field going forward. I think that combo would have the potential to be scary good.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Maybe I see it differently, but CJ hasn't played that badly. In fact, besides Landon, and has been the most consistent DB we've had this year. Now, when EJ gets healthy, he and Brown might be the best corners on the team, but CJ hasn't been a liability, IMO. As much we play nickel these days, maybe we can get them all on the field going forward. I think that combo would have the potential to be scary good.
I agree that Cyrus hasn't been a liability. Tony's size gives him the edge, though. Cyrus can't play the outside against a team like TAMU who has multiple guys over 6'3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I agree that Cyrus hasn't been a liability. Tony's size gives him the edge, though. Cyrus can't play the outside against a team like TAMU who has multiple guys over 6'3.
Cyrus shut down Kevin White in the WVU game better than anybody has all year when they put him on White in the 2nd half. There's no doubt Tony has the edge in size and ability, but there's also no guarantee he's ready to go out and play consistently full time. Maybe he is, but it wouldn't surprise me to see CJ hold onto his starting spot for a while. That's all I'm saying.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.