CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I heard he got a one game suspension. Is that true?
Yes. The SEC suspended him for a game. Link

Upon review of game video from the contest between LSU and Mississippi State on Sept. 20 in Baton Rouge, La., SEC Commissioner Mike Slive has announced that Mississippi State senior center Dillon Day is suspended for the Bulldog's next game, which is scheduled for Oct. 4 in Starkville.

This action is the result of multiple flagrant and unsportsmanlike acts during the game, as well as previous disciplinary action for similar behavior.

This action is taken in accordance with Southeastern Conference Constitution, Article 4.4.2 (d) which states that a student-athlete may be suspended if it is determined that the student-athlete has committed a flagrant or unsportsmanlike act.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
I'm of the mind that thinks Dan Mullen should have been proactive and suspended him at least one game, because if I'm in Slive's position, you wouldn't want this to come to me without showing some disciplinary effort. For example, if Mullen had put him on suspension for one game, I would add a second; if Mullen does nothing, I eject the player from the league.

This was a blatant attempt to injure, and not his first time.

RT3413

All-American
Sep 14, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Disgusting. I'm actually ashamed to be an SEC fan today. Clearly, the SEC felt MSU should have done something and didn't so they stepped in and issued the suspension. That penalizes the player but where's the penalty to MSU for not doing the right thing in the first place? They should have an additional sanction.

I could suggest a physical impossibility (for most folks) involving a cowbell but that would probably get me a severe reprimand.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.