Alabama's Sims named Walter Camp Player of the Week

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
As he should be. The announcers during the MSU-LSU game said Dak Prescott should get the nod despite of what Sims and Amari did. I said "what?!" Obviously did not watch the game.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I caught something that maybe I'm making too much of.

But, Sims had come back out of the locker room when he hurt his shoulder. He was chatting with Morris and a couple of others. Suddenly, he swings his head around in full attention, because Coach Kiffin called out to him.

It wasn't so much that he acknowledged CLK, but the way he did it. Full recognition and respect, because his coach addressed him. Some guys, who are too cool for school, may have wrapped up their convo, then slowly turned to acknowledge their coach. But not Blake. It just showed me how much Blake appreciates his opportunity. And even deeper, how much he respects his coaches; and even deeper, that he just loves being a Bama man.

Again, maybe I make too much of it. But maybe not....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Blake is becoming one of my favorite players of the Saban era. Most players would have transferred in his situation. He devoted himself to getting better and was patient. Now he's national player of the week instead of battling for playing time at Troy (no offense to Troy's players).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.