Link: NCAA Stats - Bama 6th Total Def/5th Total Off

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
We're averaging more plays per game than AU or TAMU.
It's scary to think we are not doing it in hurry up mode either. As CNS said "We weren't really trying to go fast. We can go fast, but to me, for us, it was a communication issue. It's easier to communicate when you're going no-huddle because you just have code words and short words for plays and passes and that kind of stuff."

As a team already averaging 78 plays per game (would be over 80 if FAU game wasn't ended early) on offense, that kinda has to scare the crap out of the rest of the SEC. Everybody thought it was a great idea to go fast mainly because they thought Saban never would. Watching CNS adapt/tweak his offensive and defensive philosophies to stay current with the landscape of CFB is really fun for me to watch. The rumblings in the offseason by our rivals of the game passing CNS by is looking like really wishful thinking right now.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Yeah going no huddle with a pro-style offense can get pretty abusive on the other defense pretty quick imo.

9jack9

Scout Team
Jan 14, 2007
United States
I prefer using this page to view the stats (you have to select sport, year, and division once the page loads), it lets you click on the team and gives you a summary of that team's statistics.

Cooper is #1 nationally in Receiving Yards, Yards per Game, and Receptions per Game. Sims is ranked 4th in passing efficiency and 3rd in Yards per Pass Attempt.

Another outstanding stat is that Bama is tied for first (with Auburn) for 3rd Down conversion percentage at 63%,last year the Tide ended up 17th with a 47% success rate.

The defensive 3rd down conversion rate is 24%, for 4th nationally.

Last edited:

9jack9

Scout Team
Jan 14, 2007
United States
Here's an even better sub-page on that site, that gives the breakdown , and lists the national and conference leader,

If you select SEC on the "conference" dropdown menu, you will get the stats for all the teams in the conference at once, super neat. This is the first time I have looked at stats this season, I don't bother until there's 4 games to provide enough data to actually mean something.

Last edited:

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006
These stats must be wrong. Remember, we have a quarterback controversy, inexperienced line, weak secondary and a terrible offensive coordinator that nobody wants.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Did not look at all the numbers from the summary page, but Ole Miss looks pretty good across the board both offensively and defensively. I expect a much closer game in Oxford than we had against UF.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.