Michigan's Offense

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
I hope Doug Nussmeier isn't getting comfortable in Michigan because time may be running out for coach Hoke. The Wolverines scored 10 points against Utah Saturday, a team they paid $1 million to travel to Ann Arbor.
Meanwhile the Crimson Tide is averaging 550+ yards a game. What a change an offensive coordinator can make!

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
In Nuss's defense, he doesn't have a lot to work with up there. That said, Kiffin seems to be better at getting the ball to our best players and so far has been much more productive.

There's quite a few Michigan fans where I live (in SC near the Ohio border), and they've all given up on Hoke. I think he's gone after this year.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
With the way my 49ers are looking this season coupled with the fact that Harbaugh doesn't have an extension yet, I wouldn't be surprised if Hoke is out and Harbaugh is in.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I agree that Hoke will be gone at the end of the season. If Harbaugh left the NFL, not sure he will, he would be a home run hire for Michigan, especially being a Michigan Man. Also Les Miles might be ready to leave the pressure cooker SEC and finish his career at Michigan where he only has one legitimate game a year.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
With the way my 49ers are looking this season coupled with the fact that Harbaugh doesn't have an extension yet, I wouldn't be surprised if Hoke is out and Harbaugh is in.
IDK, if Harbaugh is smart he might hold on to the 49ers job until CNS decides to retire. Then he can get a promotion as HC of the Tide.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I agree that Hoke will be gone at the end of the season. If Harbaugh left the NFL, not sure he will, he would be a home run hire for Michigan, especially being a Michigan Man. Also Les Miles might be ready to leave the pressure cooker SEC and finish his career at Michigan where he only has one legitimate game a year.
He isn't leaving San Francisco unless they fire him.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
In Nuss's defense, he doesn't have a lot to work with up there. That said, Kiffin seems to be better at getting the ball to our best players and so far has been much more productive.

There's quite a few Michigan fans where I live (in SC near the Ohio border), and they've all given up on Hoke. I think he's gone after this year.
I'm wondering what part of South Carolina is close to the Ohio border.

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
I'm wondering what part of South Carolina is close to the Ohio border.
Given the number of people here from Ohio and the high percentage of cars with Ohio tags around here, even the central part of the state is overrun and feels like a border area. I didn't see as many people from Tennessee when I lived in Huntsville. Hilton Head might as well be in Ohio.

Back on topic, Harbaugh would be an excellent hire, but I don't see that happening.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I beg to differ. If for some wacky reason Harbaugh isn't extended by the Niners, he will be grabbed by another team in the NFL. Why take a step back? It's not like he's gotten to the big time and stunk it up.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

OK, I'll take the bait. Where is South Carolina near the Ohio border?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Nuss is a good OC coach, but he didn't get the ball to his playmaker all the time. He had made many questionable calls at time and I heard that Coach Saban didn't like the way offense was being run last year, especially in OKC game. I think Nuss is struggling with less talent, and I saw one or two game recently and I thought to myself " Why is he calling this play against this defense? I see mismatch there, why is he not taking advantage of that" so, if Hoke is gone, Nuss could find a home real fast. He wont have issue.. He could end up staying at Michgain after hoke leaves. Who knows? :) If hoke leaves, Look for Les to leave for Mich.. and LSU job goes to one of his OC/DC coordinator

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Nuss is a good OC coach, but he didn't get the ball to his playmaker all the time. He had made many questionable calls at time and I heard that Coach Saban didn't like the way offense was being run last year, especially in OKC game. I think Nuss is struggling with less talent, and I saw one or two game recently and I thought to myself " Why is he calling this play against this defense? I see mismatch there, why is he not taking advantage of that" so, if Hoke is gone, Nuss could find a home real fast. He wont have issue.. He could end up staying at Michgain after hoke leaves. Who knows? :) If hoke leaves, Look for Les to leave for Mich.. and LSU job goes to Lane Kiffin
And we get to hate him all over again. ;)

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I agree if mama calls again, he may just take it this time.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Hoke is going to get fired - they are beginning to boo at games, and Michigan fans don't boo. His only chance is to beat us this year - that will buy him another season. I don't see it happening, but you never know. For his replacement, Harbaugh would be a dream come true for their fan base. I don't see it happening unless he is fired and cannot land another NFL gig - doubtful on both fronts, IMO.

Miles would be smart to leave LSU for Michigan, and they would love to have him. Saban now owns Louisiana in recruiting - he gets as many of their top recruits as Miles does. And Alabama has locked down Mobile and the FL panhandle. With Strong rebuilding Texas, the Sooners back on top and aTm playing so well, Miles can forget about that region for recruits. LSU is going to continue a downward spiral for the next few years. Best to get out before some of the stink rubs off on him.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
He isn't leaving San Francisco unless they fire him.
Don't know about that. It may be mutual. Reports are that his coaching style is beginning to grate on NFL egos. A lot of smoke concerning thoughts of returning to the college game.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Not to knock on Nuss but he has no excuses for how that Michigan offense has performed. Alabama they are not, but they have some talent. They scored pretty well last season, defense is what lost them most games. Scoring zero against ND and ten against Utah is bad.

But yeah, Hoke is out. Sure thing. This might finally be the year they can get Les.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.