The Miss St evaluation thread.

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.
Miss. State is still Miss. State. Even though they're better than in the past, they still revert to some awful boneheaded football at times. LSU is really hurting in the passing game and still had a chance to steal the win.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
i watched bits and pieces of that game and what i took away from it was that lsu is surprisingly bad this year. they looked about as inept as s carolina did in their opener vs a and m

i was paying more attention to the lsu train wreck than to how msu was playing so i don't have a feel for them. however, based purely on past experience, i never expect either of the mississippi schools to live up to their hype.
Going with this one. Corndogs have a lot of work ahead for them. They'll be ready for us, but things will be rough sledding until then.

Ol' Sis and MISStake still have a lot to prove, as per usual. Eventually, both will revert to their usual mediocrity. Sure, both are capably of giving us a hard game. Not the same as beating us.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I think they can give Alabama a fight but I don't think they had the talent and coaching to match up with them for four quarters.

Bamafan in BGKY

3rd Team
Jan 1, 2005
Bowling Green, Ky
I think they can give Alabama a fight but I don't think they had the talent and coaching to match up with them for four quarters.
This isn't your mom or dad's miss st team. They're the best ms st team I've seen in almost 20 years. I am concerned about two things. They are a team and play as a team. That can be very dangerous. Especially if they get a couple of big wins and some confidence. They controlled the game till the very end.

Concern #2. That lsu will realize how good their freshman qb is. His passes and composure during the last two drives for TDs was impressive.

Miss st. And t a&m. Those are the two teams that concern me most right now

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
This isn't your mom or dad's miss st team. They're the best ms st team I've seen in almost 20 years. I am concerned about two things. They are a team and play as a team. That can be very dangerous. Especially if they get a couple of big wins and some confidence. They controlled the game till the very end.

Concern #2. That lsu will realize how good their freshman qb is. His passes and composure during the last two drives for TDs was impressive.

so are we, and we have much better athletes and coaches :)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Our team plays as a team. Our QB can control the game with his hand and his feet. We can get couple of wins and our confidence will be strong. See what i did there ? :) Honestly, I keep saying that Texas A and M is a good team, but theyre overrated. They're running same system as last year. IF we didnt have to deal with Johnny Football... we would've easily affected the QB. Kenny Hill is good very good, but he hasn't faced a real SEC team yet. So chill.

LSU depsite their loss will be okay.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Mullen is a good coach, if he were coaching in any other conference or division, he would have a much better record. As others have pointed out, the biggest problem for him to jump over is the level of competition he faces every week.

I bet if Mullen had been coaching Southern Miss all these years instead of at Miss State, he would have them on top of their conference with an impressive win-loss record.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

You may be right but State upset probably the least talented LSU team we have seen in many years and in the CLM era. Alabama as well plays great as a team and they last year still managed to sleep walk and beat them with 4 turnovers at their place. There is no way they can hang with Alabama if the team plays their best. Like I said they can give Alabama a fight but their talent and coaching just doesn't match up. The only reason the A&M game was close last year was because Yeldon fumbled at the one yard line when Alabama was getting ready to make it 56-35 and they scored on a 95 yard bomb like 1 play later . That and of course Johnny Manziel was their QB.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I don't know Sip. LSU isn't the same LSU that we used to know. Heavy losses everywhere has decimated them. On top of that they are inexperienced everywhere.
They're lacking at QB and they lost some experience indeed, but they're still huge on the line of scrimmage and State smacked them in the mouth. That's what I meant by saying State pushed them around. We shall see, but they are a team to be concerned with in my book.
We'll know much more after they play A@M and Auburn. I think they'll handle Arkansas.

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009
They'll lose to Auburn and TAMU and be out of the top 25 in a matter of weeks.
I agree Mack. LSU is officially in rebuilding mode. Doesn't mean they are an easy out but they have a lot of issues in key spots this season. They also have a lot of youth on the field that is going through on the job training. Miss St came in high on emotion and was focused like crazy. But I doubt they can keep that same focus and emotional high for an entire year.
We will see soon enough; I say they go at least 1-1 in their next two games. Both at home. I just do not think the barn is physical enough; A&M might be fast enough, we'll see.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
They're lacking at QB and they lost some experience indeed, but they're still huge on the line of scrimmage and State smacked them in the mouth. That's what I meant by saying State pushed them around. We shall see, but they are a team to be concerned with in my book.
We'll know much more after they play A@M and Auburn. I think they'll handle Arkansas.
The matchup to watch against LSU is Kiffin vs Chavis. While Chavis has had success against aTm and Auburn, but he has NEVER ,since he has been in Whoville, had success against our runningbacks. I think Smart will destroy cameron yet again but it will be tough as long as the crowd is a factor. LSU wishes they had Mettenberger more than ever

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
State will be without their starting center for the A&M game. He was suspended for stomping on 2 different LSU players. Serves him right....

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
State will be without their starting center for the A&M game. He was suspended for stomping on 2 different LSU players. Serves him right....
If it was against Florida's or Ole Miss's defense it would be a huge deal of not having him, but Moo State will most likely still score 30+ on the aggies, will it be enough IDK

They are definitely someone to look at. I agree and completely understand what you are saying.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.