Kiffin Or Smart As Possible Head Coach

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The team is Coach Sabans including the defense but the defense is not totally run by Coach Saban any more than the offense is. I would not call CNS by his surname any more than I would call Coach Bryant by his surname, totally disrespectful on your part. I would say this puts you in the 'moo' category.
Just how is it disrespectful to call someone by their last name?

B4Tid

Sep 4, 2006
As much as I like Kirby I don't think he's head coach material! Historical DC do Not make good head coaches! As far as Lane goes great Offensive mind but would not be in my top 10. Right now if Saban left I really don't know of one coach I think of that could walk in and I would be happy with! Sorry! :eek2:

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
What if Miles leaves LSU for Michigan and they hire LK? We do not want THAT to happen!
Why? I think Kiffy would be more likely to go to Florida if they fire Muschamp, and he may do pretty well there. However, I would rather LSU have Kiffy than Miles. Miles makes some boneheaded mistakes from time-to-time, but he also has LSU playing solid football most of the time.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Related or not to this thread, I think it's funny that for the past couple of years many have said "CNS will probably retire in 3-5 years." If this is true, and it first was thought to be true a couple of years ago, shouldn't it now be 1-3 years? ;)

It reminds me of a former co-worker who 10 years ago was telling me he would retire in 3-5 years (I kid you not). Guess what??? He's still plugging along right where he was and he's probably still staying "I'll probably retire in 3-5 years).
Trust me. The thought of giving up a regular paycheck, when reflected upon in a contemplative moment, will do that to you.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
I'm still as sure as all others it's gonna be Major Applewhite.

Are some of you serious?

I guess I should not click these threads, but it's like watching a retarded person win a game of Tic Tac Toe.

M2J

All-American
Jan 28, 2007
Who it's gonna be? Probably neither.

Who would I rather have? Probably Kirby. He's been groomed by the best, and seems like a great fit. He understands the process, and is loyal.

Furthermore, the idea that his stock has fallen is idiotic. Every offense has it's day from time to time, the days of holding top offenses down to 150 total yards are likely over, but we've been a top defense every year, or the top defense most. Including last and this year.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I think this is the dumbest thread I've ever seen on Tidefans.
We're the number one, or three, football team in America, going for four national titles in six years, and rather than feeling great about our success, to date, or getting ready for the Rebs, we're arguing about who the next head coach may or may not be when Nick Saban retires in seven to eight years.
It's totally ridiculous.
sip

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Iagree... I dont know why...its just... wow....I wish they would go and retire this thread already.
I think this is the dumbest thread I've ever seen on Tidefans.
We're the number one, or three, football team in America, going for four national titles in six years, and rather than feeling great about our success, to date, or getting ready for the Rebs, we're arguing about who the next head coach may or may not be when Nick Saban retires in seven to eight years.
It's totally ridiculous.
sip

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.