Media (mis)perception on our D vs. Sooners' D

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Oklahoma beat Alabama because of seven turnovers. There is absolutely no way that their defense is better than Alabama right now.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
it is funny. Jason Sehorn for some reason just doesn't like Alabama. Last week he said he wouldn't Alabama in the top 4 because ' their offense was better than their defense. and when was the last time that happened'.
the guy on championship drive today said he couldn't put Bama in his top 4 because Sooners handled west Virginia better thanm Bama. nevermind the Eers controlled the first half against the Sooners and Bama controlled the whole game against WVU.
Danny kanell is just an anti-Bama idiot. his 'insight' makes little sense.
I guess only the rolling stone 'gets it'. I am a little surprised by Herby. he is usually objective ,and has bama #2 , but has been off the Bama bandwagon for a while.

couple of things are in play. these guys have basically started an anti SEC in general, and Anti Bama specifically propaganda campaign. maybe it will discount Bama's achievements enough to sway some committee members if the vote is close. how many times have you heard abouthe sugar bowl. I have heard about it at least 10 times per week, and wrong I might add because statistically Bama outplayed OU,.
Over the past several months, I've heard a lot of really weak arguments being presented. They've all kind of coalesced around the start of the season. They include asinine arguments about OOC games and the number of conference games. Look, a schedule should be judged by the entirety of the schedule. You can't say well they played these teams OOC and that means something special, and then say oh they played X number of conference games and that means something special, but ignore the conference championship game, or ignore the entire SoS. Somehow, the 9th conference game becomes magical, somehow playing a newcomer to a weak conference becomes special. Anything but just being objective and looking at the totality of a schedule.

To me, the reason for this new flood of ridiculousness if that they've finally purged the all too logical BCS. The BCS wasn't easily manipulated, two polls, too many voters, and those pesky computers to balance it out. Then, to make matters worse they actually made the top two teams play! That made it too easy for the #1 team to actually win, and if the #1 team is usually in the SEC, well we can't have that.

So, now they're going to lie, lie, and lie some more if they think it can influence an inherently flawed 13 person committee, which already has biased criteria built in, making it ripe for corruption. Now, instead of trying to impact over 100 voters who only controlled 2/3 of the BCS process, they can hope to sway a single committee member who makes up about 8% of the voting by them-self. Furthermore, they want to create cover, so that a biased committee member can play favorites without being tar and feathered.

chalkpit

Suspended
May 31, 2012
Its week only 4, why even get worked up over all of this. After the msu game, the playoff picture will be much clearer by then for everyone.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.