This Is What Sets Me Off About The Whole "Strength of Schedule" Argument.....

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com
Re: This Is What Sets Me Off About The Whole "Strength of Schedule" Argument.....

In the eyes of many of these prognosticators, our opponent each week is not our opponent. It is perfection. If we offer anything less than perfect play, then we are vulnerable, we are in decline, and (in their minds) we are no different than our top rivals. Any glitches or issues we face and, in the minds of many, worse or more significant than Ole Miss' awful first three quarters against Boise State, all the yards A&M gave up to South Carolina, Auburn needing three missed K-State field goals in order to beat the fourth best Big 12 team, etc.

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
Re: This Is What Sets Me Off About The Whole "Strength of Schedule" Argument.....

I've said it a million times on here and I'll say it again...I don't listen to the "talking heads" out there.. I don't watch their shows...I don't read an article that has one of them in it..and I don't care what about the stupidity that they show on a daily basis by spurting some of the drivel they say out of their sewer holes of a mouth. Strength of schedule?...Those idiots know that Bama has no control over that, and who's to say what team is gonna be ranked where when we play them..an unranked team may be ranked by the time we play them, and all Bama has to do is keep on winning and proving them wrong on a weekly basis.. Their "Expert opinions" are in no way any better than us talking here on Tidefans...They don't have a freakin clue what will go on one week from the next...They say the things they say for one effect...RATINGS....and to get under peoples skin like they did you..so you'll wind up talking about their show, or article or whatever..and it worked. Dude, just laugh those idiots off and enjoy the ride. and watch our boys prove them wrong week by week...It's still early in the season, they have no idea from week to week what will happen, or who's gonna be good or whatever. No more than we do. I should know this because I used to let those morons make me mad too. Just my 2 cents.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA

It's going to always be this way. If Ole Miss beats Memphis, it will provide us an opportunity to play a top 10 team on the road. And if we win, well . . . it was just Ole Miss.

Some things will never change.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

It's been discussed, but shouldn't it be possible to schedule a non-conference SEC game? I'm all for starting up the Vanderbilt rivalry again. That covers that 9 conference games talk.
I've watched several games at Vandy. It's like BDS North. They usually play us tough (who doesn't) and then we pull away in the second half.

But it's probably not in their best interest to play us every year since they are back to struggling to get to six wins.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

Our schedule is tough but last I saw it's not ranked as high as in the recent past.
As to the first part, it's not ranked that high, yet... the upcoming portion is a top 10 schedule. It's uncommon to win a championship with a top 10 SoS (FSU last year has an SoS of 62), so if you overdo it, you are almost certain to trip yourself up. Who has the highest SoS right now? Clemson.
I happen to think we are very good, but so far the eye test says OU is still better in that they won by 12 on the road at wvu.
What type of eyes did you use? Alabama wasn't playing at home. I watched the West Virginia game. They could have beaten Oklahoma, they had more yards than Oklahoma. My eyes say despite Alabama playing sloppy, they played a better game and the outcome was never really in doubt. West Virginia needed a kick return TD to keep it from being a blowout against Alabama. Oklahoma needed a kick return TD to tie West Virginia. There's a difference.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

As to the first part, it's not ranked that high, yet... the upcoming portion is a top 10 schedule. It's uncommon to win a championship with a top 10 SoS (FSU last year has an SoS of 62), so if you overdo it, you are almost certain to trip yourself up. Who has the highest SoS right now? Clemson.

What type of eyes did you use? Alabama wasn't playing at home. I watched the West Virginia game. They could have beaten Oklahoma, they had more yards than Oklahoma. My eyes say despite Alabama playing sloppy, they played a better game and the outcome was never really in doubt. West Virginia needed a kick return TD to keep it from being a blowout against Alabama. Oklahoma needed a kick return TD to tie West Virginia. There's a difference.

Keep preaching brother! Against WVU, Bama was clearly the better team, I really had no doubt who would win. Barring a miracle. WVU and OU , WVU looked the better team for a half. Yet the talking heads seem to keep saying OU handled WVU better. I actually heard one of these national guys say that with the way Bama struggled against WVU, they would of lost if the game was in Morgantown.

I am glad a lot of you guys don't watch the shows, maybe with low ratings some of these guys will be fired. But I watch every one. And the perception is that Bama, especially on D is suspect.
Aall this talk and perception has to bleed through to those making end of the year decisions. In a beauty contest, that ain't good for the good guys!

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

I have stopped watching these shows just for these reasons on this thread. We just need to handle our business and it will all work out.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
This Is What Sets Me Off About The Whole "Strength of Schedule" Argument.....

I just think OU 's 12 pt win and 45 pts in a hostile environment was slightly more impressive than Bama's 10 pt win on a neutral site. What we do against Tennessee will shed some more light on this comparison.

It's not like I see a ton of disparity between the sooners and us, but all things considered, including the sugar bowl 9 months ago, I just think they are slightly better and deserve right now at this point in time to be ranked higher than us. Fwiw, I hope we meet in the playoff and our team proves me wrong.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.