Blog: Latest Bama News 9/23/14

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
The Green Bay Packers ran 22 times for 76 yards in their 19-7 loss to the Detroit Lions on Sunday. Running back Eddie Lacy, the 2013 NFL Offensive Rookie of Year, gained 36 yards on 11 carries. Five of his carries gained no yards or lost yards. His fumble on the second play of the game was returned for a touchdown, and he was tackled for a safety.

Eddie Lacy needs to play better, Green Bay Packers coach says-al.com

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
I looked this up Friday night, because I was curious and reminiscing: Friday was the five-year anniversary of Lane Kiffin's only other meeting with Florida, the exasperating 23-13 win by the Gators over his Tennessee in The Swamp that I remember as the single least satisfying win I've ever experienced. On that day, Kiffin's offense plodded around and did its damnedest not to embarrass itself, leaving the crowd in The Swamp, one that was thirsty for blood after an offseason of impudence from Kiffin, unslaked. Five years later, the blood was everywhere. And it had everything to do with Kiffin. Kiffin has a lot of talent to work with at Alabama. I think Amari Cooper's the best wide receiver I've ever seen in the SEC. Alabama's third-string running back — Kenyan Drake — would start at upwards of 100 FBS schools. Blake Sims looked like a Heisman candidate on Saturday, and it wasn't just a matter of Florida's defense being a horror show.
But Kiffin called what was very nearly a perfect game.

Florida vs. Alabama, The Sunday Rundown: Pictures at an evisceration - Alligator Army-via rbr

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.