Cam Robinson appreciation thread

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I know it's a little late, and If this is a dupe I'm truly sorry, but I haven't seen one.

All I heard from Andy staples and every "expert" all week was that cam was going to get a reality check by the "monster" known as the veteran pass rusher fowler, but the freshman behemoth kicked his butt all day long.

Roll tide good Cam

Last edited:

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Anyone know why Blake Sims got in his face during the game Saturday? What was going on there? It was almost like AJ/Barrett part II.
Who knows? It really could have been anything and nothing really. They seemed to patch it up rather quickly. That stuff happens way more than we ever see during a telecast. 90% of it is not taken personally as this game can be an emotional grind sometimes. It is really good to see this team do that stuff at times. Everyone likes to refer to CNS and the Tide as a team of cyborgs. I think this kind of stuff shows we're not. We're just perfectionists :)

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Seems like Cam & a Florida Player were still going at it after the whistle was blown..Blake showed the leadership of this being his team..And got in Cam face to let him know that Bama doesn't give up those cheap penalties..I do like the aggressive mentality of Cam though..He may very well end becoming the absolute best O_Lineman in the history of Bama Football if he goes out & earns it..All the tools & talent is ther for that to happen..
Anyone know why Blake Sims got in his face during the game Saturday? What was going on there? It was almost like AJ/Barrett part II.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I had heard he had gotten into a shoving match with a lizard player after the play was over, and BS was tuning him up about it. He kinda shoved BS a little and it looked like BS moved a yard.

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
At least for the Florida game he and Leon Brown seem to be the protectorate types. I noticed one play when Coker was in the game a UF D-lineman got a bit tangled up with Coker while he was trying to get up and the 1st person you see come into the screen was Brown and not far behind was big Cam. I honestly like seeing a little bit of that, however, the first time he gets flagged I'll be screaming at the TV about how dumb it is to get a flag for something like that......:)

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
He certainly is strong and I have been surprised by his aggressiveness; he has gotten in the faces of some opponents a few times.
Both he and Leon Brown seem to be that nasty type of OL. I noticed Cam getting in the face of any players that happened to hit Sims on a play. I also noticed Leon coming in hot and finishing off piles of defenders that were stacking Yeldon up. I feel that we have missed that nastiness on the OL since the 2012 group left and am glad to see signs of passion out of this group.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Both he and Leon Brown seem to be that nasty type of OL. I noticed Cam getting in the face of any players that happened to hit Sims on a play. I also noticed Leon coming in hot and finishing off piles of defenders that were stacking Yeldon up. I feel that we have missed that nastiness on the OL since the 2012 group left and am glad to see signs of passion out of this group.
this reminded me of fluker getting so fired up in the huddle when we started putting the hammer down with our running game on georgia in the seccg

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
I liked seeing him have a few words with the Florida player who put Coker on his rear. You can see our line finally starting to take the personality of Cristobal.

Last edited:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I love the way they look after their quarterbacks and other people they protect. It goes back to they all seem to have good attitudes and like each other. Cristobal is a little intense and it is good to see that this year.

B

BroadwayJoe777

Robinson looked like a well crafted senior out there on Saturday...

Love the Ping

All-SEC
Jun 15, 2005
He's a monster. I can't really watch the OL during the game because I'm focused on the ball, but after watching back some of the game, he seems to be the total package. He's also got a little nasty in him, which I really love in my offensive linemen (Justin Smiley was one of my favorites).

This guy is one of the top tackles in the league right now, four games into his true freshman season. The sky is the limit.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
Cam ate up everyone UF put in front of him. I don't mind him getting in people's faces and letting them know what's up. Just don't cross the line or let them cross it and get the benefit of their stupidity. Cam has been really impressive the whole season. This guy is the real deal. The running issues inside against UF were a result of them selling out to stop the run not O-line issues. There were eight men in the box constantly. It was tough to block everyone, and Florida may be poorly coached, but they do have top flight athletes that can run and hit.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.