Link: Strong is cleaning house at Texas. Kicks 9th player off team.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Their arrogance blinded them to what was about to happen. The balance of power has shifted in Texas and barring a move of their own to the SEC (it ain't happening) it will stay that way.
I would pay good money to be the messenger that got to tell them, "Not only no, but ..."

Heck, I would buy a ticket to be in the room when the SEC told them no way.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
sounds like strong is what florida needs right now instead of muschamp.
I really felt Strong should have stayed at Louisville one more year and taken the Florida job when Muschamp was canned. Strong was the DC at Florida & South Carolina and he recruits the heck out of Miami, coupled with his successful tenure at Louisville. I just thought he was a no-brainer for the job.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
He is doing the right things for the right reasons. He seems to be willing to accept the possible consequences should the powers that be in Austin disapprove.

Integrity. I approve..
He'll be fired. Maybe not this year, but next. TPTB never wanted him. He's not their "boy" so to speak. There are just some things you can't separate...like Pat Dye from Auburn's athletic department.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
He'll be fired. Maybe not this year, but next. TPTB never wanted him. He's not their "boy" so to speak. There are just some things you can't separate...like Pat Dye from Auburn's athletic department.
You may be right but I will be surprised. I have no feel for their internal politics but it seems obvious that Charlie Strong is the right medicine for Texas football.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Even if he is fired, it will not change the fact that he is doing the right things for the right reasons. In an age in which no one wants to stand up for what is right in this sport, Strong is a breath of fresh air.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Even if he is fired, it will not change the fact that he is doing the right things for the right reasons. In an age in which no one wants to stand up for what is right in this sport, Strong is a breath of fresh air.
No doubt. I like him. I just think he went to an impossible situation.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Strong turned down the other UT job. I too thought he might get a shot at the Florida job, not sure how long he stays at Texas, but even if he is fired by the big shots I do think he is in a good position. IMO Mullen will get a look for the Florida job at year end.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I think Muschamp gets one more year.
I do too, if he can make a good showing in the East. I think they still have a shot at winning the East if they will commit to running the ball. They are asking Driscoll to do too much, IMO. They run the ball too well, and Driscoll doesn't throw the ball well enough to run the pass first scheme that Roper is trying to run.

scrodz

1st Team
Jan 29, 2008
Baltimore, MD
If Strong is allowed to stay at Texas, he would have no reason to ever leave. That said, I don't think the boosters were desperate enough when they hired him to give him the kind of autonomy CNS has with us. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just can't see Strong excelling at the political maneuvering required to keep the deep pockets happy the way Brown did (or Pat Dye, or Phil Phulmer...)

califbamafan

1st Team
Nov 7, 2005
Rialto, Calif
I like what he is doing at Texas. If they just give him time he will have them winning again. He is removing the cancer from the team and starting to get his type players it will take awhile but he is on the right track.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
In the past 57 years Texas has had 6 head coaches. There's no history of quick turn over. What makes you naysayers think Charlie Strong won't be given a fair chance?

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
How would u like to be a boy wanting to date his daughter (if he has one). I would think that CNS has a set of rules that are not far off from those. I wonder how many laps the positions coaches have run. I for one dont see how this effects the Alumni or Rich Boosters one bit. If they are not happy he is cleaning up the program then I would not want their money. I would think they are pleased to have someone trying to clean up the mess. I bet you none of the rich boosters allow rules to be broken at their businesses. I hope Saban never has to publish a list like that. Oh god help the position coaches if he does. RTR

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'm going to say this. If Will Mschamp are fired after the season is over, They will take a long look at Strong and Strong will come to SEC and Florida because less pressure by boosters, but he can do his job without being constantly in the news like he is in Texas. He made the right decision to go to Texas, but if Florida job opens up, he will take it in a heartbeat. That's his home. If the texas job is open, Guess who's going to consider that job... I'll mention two NFL coaches that coached on college level recently...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.