Bye Week Practice Reports and Media Appearances

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I heard the press conference today was pretty funny. Look forward to watching it layer..

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
SEC coaches' teleconference:

Muschamp: "Nick is always looking for good coaches, and Lane is a good coach."
Will Muschamp on Lane Kiffin’s initial hire at Alabama: “Nick’s always looking for good coaches. Lane’s a good coach."
Muschamp: "We stunk on defense."
Will Muschamp on Blake Sims: "His legs hurt us a lot." Said big scrambles and Sims' ability to extend plays were things that hurt the Gators
Muschamp said Alabama does a good job of targeting Amari Cooper about 15-18 times a game. Said moving him around makes him tough to cover
Muschamp on tempo: "Fatigue makes cowards of us all."

Saban on SEC West power over East: These thing run in cycles. Just happens to be one of those years where the West has a lot of good teams.
Saban says they'll start on Ole Miss tomorrow.
Saban on D. Henry: "When he can stay healthy and practice, he's really effective."
Saban on defensive adjustments to new offenses: "You have to be realistic about what you can implement and execute in a game."
Saban on Sims: "He's developed and improved his passing, accuracy and judgement."
Saban on Blake Sims: We've done a good job of helping him do the things he does well and he's certainly executed them well.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Alabama WR DeAndrew White was wearing a boot on his left foot today. Will be limited all week.
Saw Dominick Jackson taking reps with the 1st team OL at right guard today.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
SEC coaches' teleconference:

Muschamp: "Nick is always looking for good coaches, and Lane is a good coach."
Will Muschamp on Lane Kiffin’s initial hire at Alabama: “Nick’s always looking for good coaches. Lane’s a good coach."
Muschamp: "We stunk on defense."
Will Muschamp on Blake Sims: "His legs hurt us a lot." Said big scrambles and Sims' ability to extend plays were things that hurt the Gators
Muschamp said Alabama does a good job of targeting Amari Cooper about 15-18 times a game. Said moving him around makes him tough to cover
Muschamp on tempo: "Fatigue makes cowards of us all."

Saban on SEC West power over East: These thing run in cycles. Just happens to be one of those years where the West has a lot of good teams.
Saban says they'll start on Ole Miss tomorrow.
Saban on D. Henry: "When he can stay healthy and practice, he's really effective."
Saban on defensive adjustments to new offenses: "You have to be realistic about what you can implement and execute in a game."
Saban on Sims: "He's developed and improved his passing, accuracy and judgement."
Saban on Blake Sims: We've done a good job of helping him do the things he does well and he's certainly executed them well.
Interesting that, in the complete interview, Boom commented on the fact that we threw it over their heads, when they had the safeties packed in to stop our run, and yet they stayed with that until well into the 3rd quarter. I guess they thought we'd play fair and back off the successful air attack... ;)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Alabama WR DeAndrew White was wearing a boot on his left foot today. Will be limited all week.
Saw Dominick Jackson taking reps with the 1st team OL at right guard today.

Saban said recently Jackson is probably one of the top 5 OL. With our interior run game not good Dominick may be taking Leon's place.

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
Saban said recently Jackson is probably one of the top 5 OL. With our interior run game not good Dominick may be taking Leon's place.
I think you may be right. If I recall, DJ is solid in his run blocking but needed some time to polish his pass protection. I know one thing, on the one play I saw DJ in for with the first team (the play was blown dead due to a false start) he fired out like he was shot out of a cannon. It looked like he was literally shaking with anticipation that he was about to hit someone.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Alabama QB Blake Sims (shoulder) threw some today, but was still limited. Dominick Jackson worked at RG w/ the 1st team OL again today.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
Saban is sending a message to Leon Brown ,get with the process or be run over by it. Brown doesn't impress me so far.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.