ADMIN NOTE: New Ebola thread reset...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
The World Health Organization on Monday released thelatest figures on the Ebola epidemic, with the number of suspected, probable and confirmed cases reaching 20,081, almost entirely in West Africa.
The Ebola death toll stands at 7,842, with all but a few deaths occurring in three countries: Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea. Those are the reported figures; health authorities repeatedly have warned the actual numbers of infections and deaths likely are much higher.
http://www.voanews.com/content/who-ebola-death-toll-nears-8000/2578046.html

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I had read, and I'll try and find the article, that the US government suppressed Ebola related news in the US because they feared it was going to affect holiday shopping. Unfortunately, there's probably some truth to that...especially the way the media tries to sensationalize everything for utter shock value these days.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I had read, and I'll try and find the article, that the US government suppressed Ebola related news in the US because they feared it was going to affect holiday shopping. Unfortunately, there's probably some truth to that...especially the way the media tries to sensationalize everything for utter shock value these days.
I doubt it started in the Oval Office, more probably the CDC, at first. It's the normal reaction of governments world-wide to say "Don't worry, we're in control..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.