ADMIN NOTE: New Ebola thread reset...

Status
Not open for further replies.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
At this point I think any "spokesperson" (and I don't give a rat's behind who they are) should be muted as soon as they say this is contained; what are they going to say, "PANIC PEOPLE! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!"? So no matter whether it is contained or not, they can't be trusted.
I never did socialize with people from Texas much (DBF, please don't come home), but I hope all of those on here who live in Texas stay safe.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
At this point I think any "spokesperson" (and I don't give a rat's behind who they are) should be muted as soon as they say this is contained; what are they going to say, "PANIC PEOPLE! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!"? So no matter whether it is contained or not, they can't be trusted.
I never did socialize with people from Texas much (DBF, please don't come home), but I hope all of those on here who live in Texas stay safe.
Don't worry, my family is moving out of suburbia to an undisclosed compound.

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
Heard a report on NPR this morning where the reporter was completely downplaying the threat. I understand he wasn't showing symptoms at the time of travel and this particular case may be 'easily' contained but my fear is how many could be just like him?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Heard a report on NPR this morning where the reporter was completely downplaying the threat. I understand he wasn't showing symptoms at the time of travel and this particular case may be 'easily' contained but my fear is how many could be just like him?
It has to be downplayed. You can't exactly go rushing in and blame this one on George W Bush now, can you?

Oh yes you can - it did happen in Texas, close to Bush's house in fact.

This is gonna be REAL interesting for those of us here in the Dallas area who work in the hospitals (like yours truly). We have a daily brief that I give pulled from the boss's computer. Three weeks ago we were stressing West Nile Virus and Chicky-mu-yanga (whatever) and they had to re-educate the employees on TB isolation.

(Btw - just two weeks ago they removed a mass from a patient traveling from some third world country that LOOKED on the X-ray and CT scan as if it was possibly cancerous. They took it out and opened it up in Micro.

Tuberculosis, which exposed both the pathologist and the lab tech (which was not me that particular day) to it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.