ADMIN NOTE: New Ebola thread reset...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebola-virus-outbreak/ebola-victims-nephew-i-had-call-cdc-n216326

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Thomas Eric Duncan, the first person diagnosed with the Ebola virus in the U.S., wasn't appropriately treated for suspected infection until after his nephew personally called the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the nephew told NBC News on Wednesday night, saying he hoped "nobody else got infected because of a mistake that was made."[/FONT]
Wow!

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/01/opinion/vox-ebola-mistakes/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Ebola reaches U.S.: A tragedy of errors

Some public health officials are explaining the first confirmed case of the Ebola virus in the United States, found in a man in Dallas, as apredictable event. But at least for this case, there are many questions surrounding that assertion. Were crucial procedures that might have prevented the victim--who Liberian officials have identified as Thomas Eric Duncan, according to an article in the New York Times--from arriving in the United States not in place?

Have errors and missed opportunities put a handful of Dallas residents at risk of an infection, with a roughly 50% fatality rate?
As the facts roll out about Duncan, who is fighting for his life in Presbyterian Hospital Dallas' critical care unit, we should scrutinize the travel screening procedures in use in the United States and the apparently myriad ways Ebola patients can slip through the cracks, even in one of the world's most advanced medical systems.
Valid questions and criticisms.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Can't link right now. But suspected Ebola case now in Hawaii.
LINK

“We are early in the investigation of a patient — very, very early — who we’re investigating that might have Ebola,” said Dr. Melissa Viray, deputy state epidemiologist. “It’s very possible that they do and they have Ebola. I think it’s also more likely that they have another condition that presents with similar symptoms.”
We'll see.

TydDFens

1st Team
Feb 5, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I wonder if the Dallas patient came to the US on purpose knowing he would get better health care than in Liberia. I know that the symptoms didn't occur until he got here, supposedly. But, still, if did know he was exposed, why not catch a plane to the US and hope for better odds at surviving in the US? And with any govt run program, I am not sure that I have much confidence in the screening process going on before these people get on an airplane either.

edit: ok, I just read the article NationalTitles15 posted about how Mr. Duncan got infected. Looks like he knew he was going to get it but, it looks as if he may have already planned on coming to the USA. The article says he quit his job on Sept. 4th and wasn't exposed until the 15th.

Last edited:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
NY Times article. It [is] sad, and horrible, and makes you wonder if the fatality toll has been understated.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/02/world/africa/ebola-spreading-in-west-africa.html?_r=0
I hope we don't forget this. Each case is more than a simple cipher on an accounting ledger. It represents a whole person, with all of their personality, dreams, and ambitions. Seeing a picture of the body of 21 yr. old Sonny Boy Williams, who died from Ebola after trying to help his pregnant 19 yr. old sister - who also died - was pretty poignant to me. 21 years old. 19 years old. Whole families being wiped out. My God. For those who believe in the worth of prayer, Liberia and Sierra Leone could use a few.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
http://www.naturalnews.com/047089_ebola_pandemic_government_lies_disinformation.html

Not sure of the credibility of this, just saw it on facebook. Y'all read it, dissect and discuss.
its has all of the marks of credible facebook posts, a grand conspiracy by the government and the mainstream media to hide the awful truth from you about diseases which you should really be concerned about. i would imagine they also believe that the government and media are withholding cures for cancer, etc. and that magical diets, vitamins and herbs are what you really need to be healthy and disease free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.