Coffee Cup Salute by the Commander-in-Chief?

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA
This is a load of crap. . . . . I haven't read anything that I took as rage or anger.
You guys are always good for a laugh.

I thought by now you would've moved on from this to another of the conservative punditry's outrage of the day - have there really been no new developments in America's war on white middle-class heterosexual Christians?

swoop10

Hall of Fame
Feb 10, 2001
Valdosta, GA
You guys are always good for a laugh.

I thought by now you would've moved on from this to another of the conservative punditry's outrage of the day - have there really been no new developments in America's war on white middle-class heterosexual Christians?
You are as well, with your constant excuses and saying that Bush did this so it should be ok for Obama. You are the joke here since you do nothing but follow whatever the Democrat talking point of the day is. Try thinking for yourself. What would you have thought of an officer you saluted who did this to return your salute?

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Displaced Bama Fan;2465183[COLOR=#0000ff said:
]Easy fella. I'm not feeling the love and harmony that we need here. Step back for a moment, take a deep breath, do some neck circles and stretch out your arms and legs. Two more deep breaths, envision yourself as a 9 year old with a a cool breeze blowing over you as you run through a field of sunflowers on a nice fall day laughing as you go. Doesn't that feel better now? Now resume kicking booty against the Gators.[/COLOR]
FIFY

Is this what Coach Kiffin was telling our QB, Blake Sims, on Saturday on the sideline during the Bama vs Gators game?

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA
You are as well, with your constant excuses and saying that Bush did this so it should be ok for Obama. You are the joke here since you do nothing but follow whatever the Democrat talking point of the day is. Try thinking for yourself. What would you have thought of an officer you saluted who did this to return your salute?
I could really care less if he has his hands full or it would otherwise be a total inconvenience. In my time in the service, I would guess, conservatively, there were a hundred or more times when a salute wasn't returned - typically because of full hands or in the middle of doing something else. Maybe I get an acknowledging glance, a nod, an "at ease" or "as you were" or something to that effect, or even a look of "Are you kidding me? Can't you see I'm occupied?"

These marines have probably had a salute returned from Obama many many times. They know the sentiment is there. I don't think this instance will alter their view of him one way or the other.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I could really care less if he has his hands full or it would otherwise be a total inconvenience. In my time in the service, I would guess, conservatively, there were a hundred or more times when a salute wasn't returned - typically because of full hands or in the middle of doing something else. Maybe I get an acknowledging glance, a nod, an "at ease" or "as you were" or something to that effect, or even a look of "Are you kidding me? Can't you see I'm occupied?"

These marines have probably had a salute returned from Obama many many times. They know the sentiment is there. I don't think this instance will alter their view of him one way or the other.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
One cup of coffee = having one's hands too full to salute? It's not like he's in the middle of moving a sofa. Well, maybe for Obama considering his complete lack of upper body strength and whatnot.
He gets a good workout when he's bike riding.

swoop10

Hall of Fame
Feb 10, 2001
Valdosta, GA
The fact that you think he is making sense, while not surprising, is pretty sad. Nothing he pointed out is what happened. Obama's hands weren't full. He wasn't doing something out of the ordinary. In fact he was doing something he has done thousands of times so the salute wasn't a surprise. I've already stated that acknowledging the salute with a "good morning or afternoon Marine" so he isn't making any more sense than I have made. It's people like you and GW who make excuses for any and everything this President does that allows this administration to continue to screw everything up.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
The fact that you think he is making sense, while not surprising, is pretty sad. Nothing he pointed out is what happened. Obama's hands weren't full. He wasn't doing something out of the ordinary. In fact he was doing something he has done thousands of times so the salute wasn't a surprise. I've already stated that acknowledging the salute with a "good morning or afternoon Marine" so he isn't making any more sense than I have made. It's people like you and GW who make excuses for any and everything this President does that allows this administration to continue to screw everything up.
The fact that you have your panties in a wad over this, while not surprising, is pretty sad.:rolleyes:

swoop10

Hall of Fame
Feb 10, 2001
Valdosta, GA
The fact that you have your panties in a wad over this, while not surprising, is pretty sad.:rolleyes:
Once again there is no rage, anger, or having panties in a wad going on here. The point is if you are going to return a salute you do it properly. To not do so is disrespectful. It doesn't matter to you because the President is a Democrat. It only matters to me because it seems our CIC is showing disrespect to our troops.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Once again there is no rage, anger, or having panties in a wad going on here. The point is if you are going to return a salute you do it properly. To not do so is disrespectful. It doesn't matter to you because the President is a Democrat. It only matters to me because it seems our CIC is showing disrespect to our troops.
There is no rage, anger and I don't wear panties to even get in a wad here either. However, I am totally frustrated with lies and deception and divisiveness. Just when I think it can't get worse, it does. I could give many, many examples. Here's just one! We are not involved or engaged in a WAR. What is that we are dropping on ISIS or ISIL, love post-it notes? What do you have to do to be at war?

There is always someone else to blame for problems that occur: Bush, Bush, Bush, CIA, et al. Leaders lead and take responsibility for their actions instead of redirecting BLAME to everyone else. Does this administration have a Think Tank on deciding WHO can be BLAMED for the next idiotic decision?

Can this country take 2 more years and 3+ months of this administration. The next President could be facing some real problems. You'd have to be a fool to even run.

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA
Wow, soooo much rage, anger, and/or having panties in a wad going on here. Get over it guys.

Have Boehner, Palin, or any other of the other Koch Bros. lackeys really not given you new marching orders yet?
:confused:

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Wow, soooo much rage, anger, and/or having panties in a wad going on here. Get over it guys.

Have Boehner, Palin, or any other of the other Koch Bros. lackeys really not given you new marching orders yet?
:confused:
Koch Brothers? I didn't know they gave marching orders. I just thought they were entrepreneurs that made Harry Reid mad all the time.

Last edited:

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Your post just screams "rage" and "anger", VJ. And probably racism.
Guiity as charged! I'm especially enraged and angry today for some reason. You know how us angry white males are, clutching pearls and clinging to our guns and religion and stuff! I speak for the group here when I can confirm that we're all a nation of cowards.

I'm RAGIN' I tells Ya! RAGIN!! :)

Last edited:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Guiity as charged! I'm especially enraged and angry today for some reason. You know how us angry white males are, clutching pearls and clinging to our guns and religion and stuff! I speak for the group here when I can confirm that we're all a nation of cowards.

I'm RAGIN' I tells Ya! RAGIN!! :)
We're just going to call you the Ragin' Racist. That is your official ring name on WWE.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.