Coaches on the hot seat

Who is going to be looking for a new job by the end of the year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
What wins does Vandy have left on the schedule? If they go 1-11, I could see Derrick Mason's seat boiling as we start the 2015 season.
Charleston Southern and/or Old Dominion.

Why do people think he's going to be on a hot seat anytime soon? That's just an outrageous idea.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Charleston Southern and/or Old Dominion.

Why do people think he's going to be on a hot seat anytime soon? That's just an outrageous idea.
I agree that he gets a mulligan this yr, but 1-11 or 2-10 right out of the shoot following franklin and I think his seat gets warm next yr.

But then again, we are talking about Vanderbilt.

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I will wait until Saturday to make the call, but I am not at all sure Michigan beats Maryland.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I will wait until Saturday to make the call, but I am not at all sure Michigan beats Maryland.
They won't I suspect...they play Minnesota Saturday I think and are a 14 point favorite. I have them losing 4 more games one of them possibly this weekend.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
I'll admit that I tend to doubt that Muschamp will survive simply because Florida hasn't shown much signs of improvement and because of (1) overall strength of schedule, and (2) the SEC East, although not featuring a single really good team, has several solid teams that Florida will struggle to beat.

Hoke, though, may find a way to make it another year, I think. Not that he's a real solution in Ann Arbor or because Michigan will improve dramatically between now and December, but when you look at their remaining schedule it's very soft. Michigan State will be tough, and Ohio State will be a bit of an uphill battle, but otherwise... Minnesota, Rutgers, Penn State, Indiana, Northwestern, and Maryland? Hoke could reasonably get to 8-4 this season due to the overall weakness of the B1G, and I think that would be enough to save him for another year.
Real possibilty for Mich to get whipped by both MichSt and tOSU . . Maybe by Ped State, too. Hec, I have real doubt that Maryland doesn't take them. If so, stick a fork in Hoke

Muschamp? No logical reasons, but I'm thinking he hangs on for another season.

Charlie Wiess . . A goner.

Opinion, of course.

Last edited:

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
That is a very strong possibility. Does anybody think, in spite of Va Tech's upset of tOSU, Beamer may be persuaded to retire? Paul Rhoades at Iowa State has stumbled lately, but not sure anybody in their right mind would want that job.
Gene Chizik is available.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Also, FWIW, if WM is canned, is there any chance the lizard kings go after LK?
I can't see it happening. CLK's woes as a head coach are well-documented, and I can't see one sterling season as OC--even if we win the championship--as wiping all that away. He's yound enough that he can afford to wait, learn more from the master, and make the move when he's fully prepared.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I can't see it happening. CLK's woes as a head coach are well-documented, and I can't see one sterling season as OC--even if we win the championship--as wiping all that away. He's yound enough that he can afford to wait, learn more from the master, and make the move when he's fully prepared.
I agree he can wait, but if he's offered the job at Florida, would he? One thing is for sure, if WM gets the boot, they won't be hiring another defensive coordinator. They will be looking long and hard for someone with at least some HC experience, and unfortunately LK fits that bill.
I think, if Bama's offense goes and sets records and Bama wins it all, LK's past shenanigans would, in fact, be outweighed in some minds by his actual coaching performances - especially the most recent one; mostly because of who he worked for this year.
It's all just speculation anyway....Florida might run the table from here on out. :rolleye2:

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
It's still early, but I think in 10 days the picture will get clearer in some cases.
We know WM at lizardville is at the point he needs to wear heat-resistant shorts. How many more losses can he have and still keep his job?
What about der Richter? If he loses another game (or two)? Will not winning the east, no matter the record, matter to the 'dawg nation? It's early and they might still make it, seeing as how it's the east.
I think it's a given BH is gone from Michigan.
Any others?

Also, FWIW, if WM is canned, is there any chance the lizard kings go after LK?
I will go with Muschamp, also in answer to the question if the Gators want to start winning again they will not look at Kiffen the guy is where he needs to be, a offensive coordinator.Which I think he is great at,he has proven he can not be a head coach at the D1 level nothing wrong with that.It is what it is.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
I think Frank Beamer is starting to wear thin at VA Tech. He won't be fired, and hopefully he has a better exit than Mack Brown and Bobby Bowden, but I think he steps down at either the end of this year or next. That program has taken a step backwards over the last couple of years with few signs of life outside of the Ohio St. upset. Losing to East Carolina and GA Tech at home can't sit well.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
UPcoming OC that will most likely get head coach positions this year or next year:
Garrick McGee- Louisville
You must not have paid much attention to UAB football the last two years. He was in a bad spot, but he was a disaster as a head coach.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Hoke is gone this year. Period. Ends of discussion. If he beats Ohio's st by 40 pts, he's still gone. Kiffin is with us for this year and another 2-3, as I'm willing to bet CNS doesn't let guys do one year contracts, unless it's in his option to terminate early, not theirs. I doubt there's even a buy out for them as he's too smart to let that type of change take place so rapidly as it would affect HIS program.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.