Coaches on the hot seat

Who is going to be looking for a new job by the end of the year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

centerstar

2nd Team
Nov 4, 2011
Charlie Strong is probably gone after this year. They really should have kept Mack Brown.
Can't see it happening. Mack put that program were it is. Never the same after that night in Pasadena. Strong will have the Longhorns back in 2-3 years.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
That was my point! Coach doesn't let folks come in and stay 1 year and left.
Hoke is gone this year. Period. Ends of discussion. If he beats Ohio's st by 40 pts, he's still gone. Kiffin is with us for this year and another 2-3, as I'm willing to bet CNS doesn't let guys do one year contracts, unless it's in his option to terminate early, not theirs. I doubt there's even a buy out for them as he's too smart to let that type of change take place so rapidly as it would affect HIS program.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Charlie Strong is probably gone after this year. They really should have kept Mack Brown.
I'm not sure if "they should have kept Mack Brown" was supposed to be in blue or not.

I think Charlie has one more year. I've voiced my disapproval with him taking the Texas job, not because he's not a good coach, but because it didn't make sense. He's an SEC coach. He belongs back over here and I was hoping he would take the UF job once Muschamp departed.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Kingsbury, the boy wonder, has not looked too sporty this year. I think he was like 7-0 last year and finished 7-5. 1-2 so far and he hasn't even gotten near the meat of the schedule. Not hot, but warmer than last year.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
Will be interesting to see where the current ECU coach lands, assuming they keep winning. Gotta think some bigger D1 programs will come calling if he matches last season's 10 wins.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Hey, Grandpa, what's for dinner?

Charlie Weis isn't capable of simply being toast. He is, however, capable of being Texas toast covered with a bowl of gravy beside a half dozen eggs, a slab of bacon, a pan of cat head biscuits, and a quart of whole milk.
Yum yum!!!!!

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Funny (and telling about VT expectations) that Frank Beamer is not on any hot seat list.
He might be pressured into retiring, but by "hot seat" I meant coaches who were possibly going to be fired. Small difference, I know, but I don't see Beamer ever getting "fired" from VT.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
He might be pressured into retiring, but by "hot seat" I meant coaches who were possibly going to be fired. Small difference, I know, but I don't see Beamer ever getting "fired" from VT.
Yes, and the same thing has happened to Beamer that happened to Mack Brown. Somehow both lost the winning edge they used to enjoy and have become middle-of-the-road teams, at best.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Dan Mullen saved his job by defeating LSU.
I can't imagine how or why Dan Mullen's job would be jeopardy anyway. He has winning seasons and went to a bowl for 4 straight years, which is actually a heck of an accomplishment playing in the toughest division in CFB. His teams have also been competitive against the best teams in CFB with far less talent and is 4-1 against Ole Miss. That is really unheard of on a consistent basis at MSU.

MSU would be stupid to run off Mullen, IMO.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I can't imagine how or why Dan Mullen's job would be jeopardy anyway. He has winning seasons and went to a bowl for 4 straight years, which is actually a heck of an accomplishment playing in the toughest division in CFB. His teams have also been competitive against the best teams in CFB with far less talent and is 4-1 against Ole Miss. That is really unheard of on a consistent basis at MSU.

MSU would be stupid to run off Mullen, IMO.
Agree, but it is interesting that Ole Miss was down during that time and is now winning again. I am sure Miss St has gotten used to beating Ole Miss and they may not be satisified with going to a bowl now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.