Link: NYPD Appears To Slam Pregnant Woman Sandra Amezquita To Ground (VIDEO)

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
His mom says he's gentle and would never hurt a fly.
Why else would he have gotten into law enforcement? If you can't "enforce" your will upon others, what's the point?

Why do I always go back to that scene in Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle? Sorry, I can't post the youtube video as it is prohibited by board policy. But you can google Harold & Kumar (cop) and enjoy.

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
He threw her to the ground because she kept walking away from him while he was trying to cuff her, is what it looks like to me. Couldn't tell who the other person was who got shoved halfway to England, for (I'm guessing) trying to come to the woman's aid. Oh, well.....

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
He threw her to the ground because she kept walking away from him while he was trying to cuff her, is what it looks like to me. Couldn't tell who the other person was who got shoved halfway to England, for (I'm guessing) trying to come to the woman's aid. Oh, well.....
There's never a reason to throw a pregnant woman to the ground. Unborn baby didn't do anything wrong.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
There's never a reason to throw a pregnant woman to the ground. Unborn baby didn't do anything wrong.
So, pregnant woman robs a store at gunpoint and cops catch her coming out and she wrestles with them; who's responsible if something happens to the unborn child? Woman should have thought about the baby instead of trying to get away from the cop. That's all on her. Right or wrong, if you fight with cops or try to get away from them, you will almost always lose.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
So, pregnant woman robs a store at gunpoint and cops catch her coming out and she wrestles with them; who's responsible if something happens to the unborn child? Woman should have thought about the baby instead of trying to get away from the cop. That's all on her. Right or wrong, if you fight with cops or try to get away from them, you will almost always lose.
Is that what happened in the video you watched? Because that's not what happened in the video I watched.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
HAHA..Well I hate to say it, but, how can I put this gently & not get beat up by the females, it hard to differentiate pregnant women from the women that's extra healthy these day..Lots of chunky Ladies in our society these days..LOL
He's a cop...he may have just thought she was fat.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Is that what happened in the video you watched? Because that's not what happened in the video I watched.
Nope - but the quote I was replying to said "never..."; and IMO, there are circumstances where it is justified and actually may be required. In the video, she is trying to get away from the cop and...OK, let's go CA here, "Play stupid games.....".

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
No almost about it.
Cops are taught that if someone resists arrest, always, always take them to the ground. The woman put herself in that situation. The cops followed their training. What happened next is what always happens when a woman, pregnant or not, tries to get away from cops who are trying to arrest her for armed robbery.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I watched the video and didn't see any thing wrong with what happened. If you don't want to get slammed to the ground when pregnant by the cops then 1, don't commit armed robbery and 2, don't resist arrest. There are of plenty of reasons to be upset with law enforcement these days but, this is not one of them IMO.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.