Kirk Herbstreit on Cowherd Show-Bama's offense is "scary".

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I may be in the minority, but I don't think this offense is even close to reaching it's potential.
That's not a negative statement, it's just me thinking that this offense, once everybody knows their roles, gets the playbook and timing down, eliminates dumb penalties, etc., is going to one of the most incredible offenses ever.
And I'm talking about in the history of college football, not just Bama.
sip

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I hope the team doesn't get jinxed by all this praise.
I don't thing CNS was pleased at all after the Florida game. There is plenty of room for improvement and I suspect the he has already convinced the team that even though they won they really didn't play that well.

OTOH, I love the potential of this team.

p'colabamaman

All-SEC
Sep 16, 2008
Pace, FL.
I may be in the minority, but I don't think this offense is even close to reaching it's potential.
That's not a negative statement, it's just me thinking that this offense, once everybody knows their roles, gets the playbook and timing down, eliminates dumb penalties, etc., is going to one of the most incredible offenses ever.
And I'm talking about in the history of college football, not just Bama.
sip
I sure hope you don't get disappointed.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I missed the beginning of Herbie on Mike and Mike yesterday, but my dad heard him reiterate this point. He said if you talk to SEC coaches behind doors they tell you what is happening in Tuscaloosa is scary.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I missed the beginning of Herbie on Mike and Mike yesterday, but my dad heard him reiterate this point. He said if you talk to SEC coaches behind doors they tell you what is happening in Tuscaloosa is scary.
Yeah, I've heard him say it on more than one occasion since the Florida game. What is "scaring" them is now Alabama seems to have found a guy (in Kiffin) who knows how to maximize the talent Bama has recruited. If we can limit the turnovers and Blake can continue to mature in this offense we will be very, very hard to stop from getting to the end zone.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Yeah, I've heard him say it on more than one occasion since the Florida game. What is "scaring" them is now Alabama seems to have found a guy (in Kiffin) who knows how to maximize the talent Bama has recruited. If we can limit the turnovers and Blake can continue to mature in this offense we will be very, very hard to stop from getting to the end zone.

My best friend is a tOSU guy who sent me a message early this morning, marveling at the SEC this year and predicting that there would be no unbeaten teams coming out.

My response: If we go into Oxford and win handily, don't bet against us the rest of the year. Given the coaching and apparent leadership in the locker room, we will only get better.

I'm anxious to see what the team looks like coming off this bye. It seems like the first third of the season has been for the offense to feel itself out. Now I wonder if can switch gears and speed on. It just felt like the playbook was not opened up and now it seems like the offense is ready, minus the mistakes, to move to the next step. I guess we'll see.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
My best friend is a tOSU guy who sent me a message early this morning, marveling at the SEC this year and predicting that there would be no unbeaten teams coming out.
My response: If we go into Oxford and win handily, don't bet against us the rest of the year. Given the coaching and apparent leadership in the locker room, we will only get better.
I will agree with your friend.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I was unaware until an article on Blake Sims this week that Kiffin had recruited him as hard as he did before leaving Tenn for USC and asking if Blake would follow him to USC. Since Sims decommitted from Bama and committed to Tenn, then had to re-commit, I wonder if that entered into CNS's decision to offer Kiffin a job.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
a lot of excellent teams in the west, and expect each week to be a brawl. we better have the talent in depth to survive. I still some weakness in the secondary, but with Williams and tony brown now playing will be better. I hope Jackson gets to play at the same time as brown. need two strong corners. my biggest concern has been the middle once again our off line. no rush inside the tackles yet. maybe with the addition of Jackson in the lineup will solve some the problem.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I thought we had rushes inside the tackles.... Am I missing something? They are generating push up the field, but I'm confused?

a lot of excellent teams in the west, and expect each week to be a brawl. we better have the talent in depth to survive. I still some weakness in the secondary, but with Williams and tony brown now playing will be better. I hope Jackson gets to play at the same time as brown. need two strong corners. my biggest concern has been the middle once again our off line. no rush inside the tackles yet. maybe with the addition of Jackson in the lineup will solve some the problem.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.