How do YOU gain Wisdom?

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Gaining Wisdom:

1. I have gained Wisdom as a result of all the mistakes that I've made in 6+ decades of life.

2. I've looked to what many call the Wisest man is history, King Solomon. Look at all the mistakes that he made. At least 700+300. One of many things that he's taught me is to live a disciplined life.

3. I've read Proverbs to gain Wisdom. I've also read Ecclesiastes to gain Wisdom. You know, like there's a time and purpose for everything …..

4. I've read the entire Bible a few times to gain Wisdom. I haven't read the Quran/Koran. Maybe I should.

5. I've observed the mistakes made by others to gain Wisdom.

6. I've read about others' mistakes to gain Wisdom.

7. I'm trying to leave my mouth closed more and open my ears more so that I can learn more to gain Wisdom.

8. I've tried to gain Wisdom by knowing what I know and knowing what I do NOT know.

I've run out of ways to learn even more, so ….

How do you gain Wisdom? Your answer just may be beneficial to me and others.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
I read the comments here.

Seriously, I do learn many things here and from other sources on the internet. As with those you associate with in life, you learn who tells the truth and who has an agenda.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
“Give yourself unto reading. The man who never reads will never be read; he who never quotes will never be quoted. He who will not use the thoughts of other men’s brains, proves that he has no brains of his own. You need to read." - Charles H. Spurgeon

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I try to watch as many presidential press conferences as possible. The wisdom imparted onto us by President Obama is something we are so very fortunate to have and you know we won't be blessed with it much longer. - seebell

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Someone told me years ago, "Experience is learning from your mistakes. Wisdom is learning from the mistakes of others." I practice that, and seek counsel on everything that I am not already an expert on (small list!).

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
One tidbit of wisdom that I have gained from King Solomon is:
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left."

Now, what is this saying about conservatives and liberals/progressives? I know what I think. What do you think? Of course my thinking could be wrong, but I don't think so. Now, I have been known to be mistaken in the past due to a lack of wisdom.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.