Suggestion..could we starting adding the network to game thread titles?

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
There are so many different channels showing college football these days that it's sometimes hard to find a game. If we add the network to the title, it would save some time and keep people from having to ask in the thread.

Last edited:

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Re: Suggestion..could we starting adding the channel to game thread titles?

That's an option but with the channel you'll need to provide service provider, a la dish network, direct tv, time Warner, Comcast etc

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton

That's an option but with the channel you'll need to provide service provider, a la dish network, direct tv, time Warner, Comcast etc

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
I guess I should have been more clear. I don't mean the actual number, I mean the network. As in ESPN,ESPN2, SEC network, FoxSports...etc

OP edited

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

We used to do it on the Bama game threads, since the network is predictable. On minor games (any game not involving us :)), they're normally started by a member. In addition, even the network will vary with minor games. Since I start most of the Bama game threads, I'll try to remember to include it in the title. That said, there are a number of sites offering the TV info, including the NCAA site - LINK

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton

We used to do it on the Bama game threads, since the network is predictable. On minor games (any game not involving us :)), they're normally started by a member. In addition, even the network will vary with minor games. Since I start most of the Bama game threads, I'll try to remember to include it in the title. That said, there are a number of sites offering the TV info, including the NCAA site - LINK
Thanks, these links are handy. This suggestion was directed mostly at us members who post secondary game threads for teams we usually don't keep up with. It used to be simple but there are getting to be up towards a dozen networks carrying games these days.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

this is a good suggestion especially with next week where there will be a very good selection of games.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I wish finding the provider/network were all of the problem. Here in HSV, the Fox network is handling the SEC games. Good luck on digging up the channel Comcast /Xnfinity, or whatever catchy name they're using now, is carrying the HD version on. After a couple of hours, I dug out 1738 for here. I know because that's what's on the sticky note on the base of the monitor in front of me... ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.