Coach Mac and Dee Hart Updates

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
and most likely a Michigan man
"Michigan men" haven't done well there lately. It's time for them to stop using a sentimental 40-year-old quote as the criteria for their head-coaching searches. If they can't get Miles or Harbaugh, their options get a lot thinner. They'd have to take a risk.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
True..But if a big school wants him bad enough..They can wheel & deal that amount down some can't they or is their buyouts pretty much set & they have to pay it if they want out???
Not sure I agree on the concept of a raider negotiating their own punishment down.

If Michigan, or Florida, or any other big-time program with deep pockets comes calling for McElwain, what incentive would Colorado State have to negotiate away a penny?

B

BroadwayJoe777

Excuse me, but what does this topic have to do with the University of Alabama?
Sure, the coach and the player USED to be coaching and playing for Alabama, but they are simply rivals now.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Sure, the coach and the player USED to be coaching and playing for Alabama, but they are simply rivals now.
You answered your question with the first half of your second sentence. The coach helped us to a National Championship and the player gave his all on the field and fought his way back from serious injury to play again. I welcome any news of their success. They are not simply rivals to many of us. Discussion in these threads is optional. Don't like the topic, then pass it by.

Last edited:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
One was the OC for a National Title season, and one was a Bama running back for two seasons, who busted his butt to overcome injuries and to contribute to the team.
They both gave their all for all for our program during their time at Bama.
Does that answer your question?
sip

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Do people interrupt people's conversation in public if they don't like what they are talking about to tell them.....I don't like what you are talking about lol. I would say probably not but folks love to do that here..

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
To clarify, we've never been that rigid. If there are good reasons for a matter of being of interest to Bama fans, then it's allowed, even if tangential. That means that it includes other conference teams whose future is intertwined with ours, recently played teams, including OOC. It also extends to recent Bama coaches and players now in the NFL. If we start running out of bandwidth, then we start restricting topics, but we haven't had to do that recently. For really big games, we turn off some features to free up bandwidth. Otherwise, the board seems to do a pretty good job of sticking to matters of interest to Bama fans, and that's the only real criterion...

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Man, I hope it isn't offensive to anyone, but I think it's great that those two former Tiders continue to do well. Roll Tide and go Rams!
If it is then they are looking to be offended. Coach Mac and Dee were very popular during their stay at Alabama. There is good reason to be interested in their success.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
One was the OC for a National Title season, and one was a Bama running back for two seasons, who busted his butt to overcome injuries and to contribute to the team.
They both gave their all for all for our program during their time at Bama.
Does that answer your question?
sip
Actually Coach McElwain was the OC was both the 2009 and 2011 championship seasons.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Still not sure how they lost to Boise but they played terrible during that game. Was glad to see them beat BC.

As for former players Keiwone Malone was the leading WR for Memphis last night in their pitiful excuse for an offense.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Dude are you serious? Except for Corey Grant, we like to root on former players here unless they go to a SEC school and/or play us. Otherwise we like to root for them and like to see them do well.

As for the "coach", well if none of CNS's assistants ever got good jobs and done well nobody would want to coach under him. See how it benefits us now? But I guess that is asking too much of you to actually "think" why we root for ex players and coaches.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Figured I would update this thread again. Colorado State is 6-1 and Dee Hart has 603 yards rushing on 96 attempts with 6 rushing touchdowns. Been a good receiving back as well. They play Wyoming later today at six.

I was reminded of CSU because Colorado, whom CSU thumped earlier this season, took UCLA into overtime today (couldn't believe my eyes when that came up). And to think Brando picked UCLA to win the natty.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.