Game Thread: Memphis at Ole Miss

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
OM will be ready to play us next week. If we play our game they don't have a chance. That's a big if though..

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Biggest threats for Bama against Ole Miss:
1) The Rebel D
2) Whiskey bottles being thrown at them.
3) High-heeled shoes being thrown at them.
4) The Rebel O.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Biggest threats for Bama against Ole Miss:
1) The Rebel D
2) Whiskey bottles being thrown at them.
3) High-heeled shoes being thrown at them.
4) The Rebel O.
Unless Bo Wallace plays out of his mind, I remain confident in Bama next week by at least 17 pts.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
There was a brawl in the first quarter of the game. Ole Miss's punter or kicker was ejected for throwing a punch. More players may be punished after the SEC reviews the video. Not really what the Rebels need with us coming to town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
It's going to be a long week waiting for this one. Our first legitimate road game, and against a team that would consider their entire season a success if they could beat us. Our team is going to be tested - and yes I think we are three TDs better than them - but there will be challenges to overcome. Very interested to see how well we establish our running game...or if we continue to chuck it around due to numbers in the box.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Here's the other side to game. This is their first real test as well. They haven't played an offense or defense as athletically as talented as ours and it doesn't help their cause that their QB has already thrown 6 picks against teams with a lot less talent.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Here's the other side to game. This is their first real test as well. They haven't played an offense or defense as athletically as talented as ours and it doesn't help their cause that their QB has already thrown 6 picks against teams with a lot less talent.
yep, they have played boise state, vandy, louisiana lafayette, and memphis.

Crimsissippi

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 11, 2014
Oxford or Ocean Springs, MS
Honestly here in Oxford no one was worried about Memphis. I know that is not an excuse, but all anyone can talk about is next weekend. Ole Miss defense seems to be the real deal so far, but the offense is suspect. Bo is Bo and we can't run the ball. But Memphis also went to the wire against UCLA out in California and are a better team than their name brand. Like I said, no excuses, but Memphis was just something that had to be completed in order to get to Alabama and College Gameday. I expected us to be uninspired and play poorly on offense.

Side Note: Apparently the powder blue helmets were meant to be worn against Alabama as a surprise next weekend, but the NCAA called prior to kickoff and said the "38" helmets violated a rule and were illegal, and seeing as those helmets were the usual navy helmets with the stickers swapped, they had no choice to wear the powder blues. Turned out to be a good tribute/throwback to Chucky Mullins because they are historically accurate to what he wore, but dang that would have been a beautiful old school looking game with them matched up against Alabama. Hope we still break them out.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Side Note: Apparently the powder blue helmets were meant to be worn against Alabama as a surprise next weekend, but the NCAA called prior to kickoff and said the "38" helmets violated a rule and were illegal, and seeing as those helmets were the usual navy helmets with the stickers swapped, they had no choice to wear the powder blues. Turned out to be a good tribute/throwback to Chucky Mullins because they are historically accurate to what he wore, but dang that would have been a beautiful old school looking game with them matched up against Alabama. Hope we still break them out.
Those helmets need to be worn with the actual uniform rather than the present day Ole Miss uniform.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Honestly here in Oxford no one was worried about Memphis. I know that is not an excuse, but all anyone can talk about is next weekend. Ole Miss defense seems to be the real deal so far, but the offense is suspect. Bo is Bo and we can't run the ball. But Memphis also went to the wire against UCLA out in California and are a better team than their name brand. Like I said, no excuses, but Memphis was just something that had to be completed in order to get to Alabama and College Gameday. I expected us to be uninspired and play poorly on offense.

Are you an Ole Miss fan?

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The present day Ole Miss uniforms are the actual uniforms from then. Just modern.

There's something that makes them look different. Maybe the helmets weren't as dull last night, which made s difference. I'm not sure. Like them better when watching old Ole Miss film compared to last night.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Regardless of who Ole Miss has played they will have their A game Saturday and who is is to say Wallace won't have his "Steven Garcia" game. Ole Miss may not have the overall talent and depth of UF, but their starting 22 IMO are better than UF's.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.