Kansas fires Charlie Weis

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Yes, but this one is better:

Charlie Weis isn't capable of simply being toast. He is, however, capable of being Texas toast covered with a bowl of gravy beside a half dozen eggs, a slab of bacon, a pan of cat head biscuits, and a quart of whole milk.

http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231726&p=2465079&viewfull=1#post2465079

http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231726&p=2464065&viewfull=1#post2464065

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Some guy, over on Fox Sports, throws out this list of possible replacements:

Some candidates I expect to get consideration: Texas A&M WR coach David Beaty, a former KU assistant who is a top recruiter in Texas; Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables, a Kansas native, although he did play at rival K-State; former USC interim head coach Ed Orgeron; Nebraska offensive coordinator Tim Beck; and another former KU assistant Ed Warriner, now the O-line coach at Ohio State.
There, the crux of the article, and you are spared from giving them more views. You're welcome.

Go Coach O! The anti-Weis.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Some guys are head coach's and some are assistant coach's, Weiss is an assistant. Look for him to head back to the NFL bc college football never worked for him.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I don't disagree with the decision, but the timing is strange. Why now? Do they know anything more today than the did at the end of last season?

Absent misconduct of some sort, I just don't think it's good to fire a coach during the season.

Toward the end of the year, you might announce that he won't be retained -- as we did with DuBose. It changes the public discussion, gives the AD time to vet candidates, and is merciful on the assistants, giving them more time to market themselves.

But booting him out four games into the season seems to me to do more harm than good.

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA
Throwing my hat in the ring, will move to Lawrence, and only need a three year , 3 million contract. Cheap. Can't do worse than zero points . Think they will post the job on craigslist?

Oh, and I will never tell my team we will have a 'decided schematic advantage'
If you need an OC, I will do it 500k/year :)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't disagree with the decision, but the timing is strange. Why now? Do they know anything more today than the did at the end of last season?

Absent misconduct of some sort, I just don't think it's good to fire a coach during the season.

Toward the end of the year, you might announce that he won't be retained -- as we did with DuBose. It changes the public discussion, gives the AD time to vet candidates, and is merciful on the assistants, giving them more time to market themselves.

But booting him out four games into the season seems to me to do more harm than good.
I agree - something else had to have happened other than the losses on the field.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.