Kansas fires Charlie Weis

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
He is going to make close to 30 million for not coaching Notre Dame and not coaching Kansas.

Only in America!
;) Yet another symptom of "everything that's wrong with America." :)

The barners are big on paying guys not to coach also. I had no idea Weis clipped Notre Dang that hard when they dumped him.
Looks like he outsmarted the AD at Kansas too, if they agreed to a big payoff if he pooped out again at Kansas.

I hope he can find another fool to hire him as a coach...it would keep him from surfacing on TV as another analysis.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Two words I always thought described Weis, pompous and arrogant. Wasn't his buyout from ND somewhere between $15-$20 million? Kind of hard to feel sorry for him.
Weis' replacement. Will less likely to make bad calls. Both can store a large amount of food.

The first words that come to mind when I think of Weis are not "pompous" and "arrogant" but that's mostly because an entire thesaurus worth of synonyms for obesity come up first... and yes, I'm probably a terrible human being for that.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
I'm betting Justin Fuente at Memphis gets a call. Guy's done a heck of a job cleaning up the train wreck that Larry Porter left at Memphis.

Weis will most likely end up back in the NFL as some have stated -- I can't imagine any college program taking a flier on him now. And I predict his time in the NFL will be short as well. He's been so full of himself for the past ten years or so that the game has probably passed him by.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
maybe they could bring back that other fat guy they had? maybe he has "learned his lesson"
I believe Mangino is an assistant at Kansas State now. He stayed in the state, but decided to jump over to the better football program.

Last edited:

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Any bets on who gets hired next for Kansas? Turner Gill being an exception, both Mangino and Weis left some big boots... er... pants... to fill

Nothingfaced

Scout Team
Aug 13, 2014
Because it's Kansas and he had name recognition. It wasn't exactly a prime job when they hired him.
Yeah it was.

Kansas won the Orange Bowl a few years ago and rose to No. 2 in the nation. They have the ability to win when they have a good coach.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Yeah it was.

Kansas won the Orange Bowl a few years ago and rose to No. 2 in the nation. They have the ability to win when they have a good coach.
Prime Job?
They went 12-1 in one season. The two seasons prior, they went 13-11. The two seasons after got the coach fired. They only time they finished the season ranked in the Top 25 at all was the 12-1 season. In that season, they played only two ranked teams and lost to one of them. The one they beat was ranked #24.
"Prime job" is a bit of a stretch. "Had a good season in 2007" might be more appropriate.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.