Ohio State coach body slams idiot who ran on the field

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Doesn't matter how long he has been in school. It's a double standard for the athletes vs non athletes. They can do what they want, but a loss of scholarship is ridiculous considering the crimes of some student athletes that are still on scholarship. Even more ridiculous if the kid is that close to being a productive member of society.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I think taking away his scholarship is excessive. Write up an editorial in the student newspaper, issue him some fine which must be paid prior to graduation, but that is pretty harsh.

The captured-on-film body slam is a lawsuit waiting to happen if he feels slighted by the university and can connect with a lawyer and a crooked doctor who'll say he suffered permanent injury.

What was that skinny guy going to do to harm the OSU players on the sidelines anyway?

I can only imagine if I had been duly punished for stupid things I did at 21. But I never did that.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
The captured-on-film body slam is a lawsuit waiting to happen if he feels slighted by the university and can connect with a lawyer and a crooked doctor who'll say he suffered permanent injury.
I thought the same thing. If he's out the scholly, he may now have time to realize he has "back pain" or some other injury from being slammed. And there are crooked lawyers or doctors to help him cash in.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Maybe he will not lose his scholarship

Jeff Harrison, the organization’s senior vice president of education, said Wednesday that 21-year-old Anthony Wunder has been removed from the Evans Scholar residence and suspended from group activities but that his scholarship has not been canceled.

“We’re reviewing the situation,” Harrison said. “Obviously we are very disappointed, and Anthony knows he made a big mistake. We have a code of conduct that we expect the scholars to uphold.”
BTW, that is more than a simple tuition paid scholarship. It is a true full ride

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I'm really surprised at the reaction here. So many around here talk a lot about the lack of discipline in our society today but, when someone is actually disciplined it's to harsh. An editorial in the student paper and a fine, that mommy and daddy will pay, wouldn't teach this kid anything, he's probably already had worse written about him on FB. It's called life lessons and I have no problem with it. Of course there is a double standard for athletes vs non-athletes, that's been happening for decades, let's not act like this is some new realization.

I don't think the punishment was harsh, your break the rules in college and there is a good chance you'll get booted. That's the way life goes, don't make stupid choices.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I'm really surprised at the reaction here. So many around here talk a lot about the lack of discipline in our society today but, when someone is actually disciplined it's to harsh. An editorial in the student paper and a fine, that mommy and daddy will pay, wouldn't teach this kid anything, he's probably already had worse written about him on FB. It's called life lessons and I have no problem with it. Of course there is a double standard for athletes vs non-athletes, that's been happening for decades, let's not act like this is some new realization.

I don't think the punishment was harsh, your break the rules in college and there is a good chance you'll get booted. That's the way life goes, don't make stupid choices.
That's sorta what a lot of folks were getting at. I agree about stupid choices. Maybe I'm getting liberal and compassionate in my old age. :)

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
What was that skinny guy going to do to harm the OSU players on the sidelines anyway?
​He could of had an invisible knife. I'm sure the team was as terrified as some of our posters were by that possibility.

I had a similar situation yesterday. I looked out my office window...there was someone half my size breaking the law, jaywalking right towards my front door. Then he spit on the sidewalk, which is also illegal. The closer he got to my door, the more panicked I got. He could have a weapon. Finally I got proactive...I stepped outside and bodyslammed this criminal who potentially was going to walk in my place and stab me. I'm so proud.

That's sorta what a lot of folks were getting at. I agree about stupid choices. Maybe I'm getting liberal and compassionate in my old age. :)
I always knew you would come to your senses eventually. :)

Last edited:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
This kid should not lose his scholarship. It was stupid, yeah. He should be punished, Yeah, I get that. But forfeiting $100k+ for a stupid mistake Is excessive. Especially given that some of the kids that belong on the field have probably done far worse and are still on scholarship
I bet he gets it re-instated with an appeal and AA attendance.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

He was charged with a crime, he is being punished. The crime will probably include community service which his mommy and daddy can't pay, if they have the means. That scholarship is need based as well as achievement scholarship. You are darn right I am a disciplinarian. I am also in favor of fairness, I really don't care how long it has been going on, sure as heck doesn't make it right that an athlete is treated different. Some acting like that is ok, is exactly how things have gotten out of hand. Heck, maybe we should send him to death row, that'll teach him.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
​He could of had an invisible knife. I'm sure the team was as terrified as some of our posters were by that possibility.

I had a similar situation yesterday. I looked out my office window...there was someone half my size breaking the law, jaywalking right towards my front door. Then he spit on the sidewalk, which is also illegal. The closer he got to my door, the more panicked I got. He could have a weapon. Finally I got proactive...I stepped outside and bodyslammed this criminal who potentially was going to walk in my place and stab me. I'm so proud.
Under the circumstances, you really had no choice.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Too bad you weren't there in 1993. Monica Seles could have used you.
Given a choice, I'd rather bodyslam Tonya Hardin. :smile:

Edit:

Woops, I just looked up a picture of Tonya as she is today, I don't think I could bodyslam her. :conf2:

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.