Ohio State coach body slams idiot who ran on the field

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
DA ran onto the field and injected himself in the game.
Strength coach 'Removed Him' from the field.

If it happened on our field, I'd expect to hear a ' ROLL TIDE ' after the take down.
DA wanted his moment in the 'Spot Light'... I loved the outcome.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
IMO If the idiot wanted to be on a football field during a football game, he is asking for what you get on a football field during a football game. When you are on a football field during a football game you get hit and tackled. The idiot got what he should have expected, and apparently wanted.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
While surely to be unpopular, I will state this seems a bit excessive. The guy who ran on the field is dumb, but that doesn't give someone (especially a coach) the right to assault him in such a manner. I won't be surprised if the coach is reprimanded for this behavior.
I disagree. I don't like condoning this kind of behavior in any kind of way. People like this kid need to have their butt busted to slap them into reality. He wasn't assaulted - his joyride was just brought to an abrupt halt.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
I disagree. I don't like condoning this kind of behavior in any kind of way. People like this kid need to have their butt busted to slap them into reality. He wasn't assaulted - his joyride was just brought to an abrupt halt.
I agree and I actually thought the coach did a pretty good job of keeping it from being excessive. He didn't throw any punches, just got the guy to the ground quickly and tossed him off the field as he should. You have to remember in today's world you have no idea what some idiot might be trying to do. What if he had some type of weapon? You just never know and he did the right thing about as efficiently as he could.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I view it as a coach protecting his players. Probably just a drunk frat boy, but could have been a nut with a knife, gun, bottle of acid.... If he gets sued I will contribute to the defense fund.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Don't worry it just happened Im sure the ambulance chasers will be all over it in the next few days.
I think the coach was lucky the guy was able to get up and stagger off the field. Things would have been different if he just laid there with a broken pelvis after the body slam. The coach likely weighed twice what the idiot weighs, I would have been impressed if the idiot was as big as the coach, but he was much smaller. Neither guy did anything to be proud of in my opinion.

And yes, there's a good chance an ambulance chaser has the idiot being checked out for hairline fractures, or some excuse to sue.

I don't care that the idiot was slammed, but the coach was foolish to make himself a potential target by doing the slamming. He was lucky the guy could get up and walk after hitting the ground the way he did.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't care that the idiot was slammed, but the coach was foolish to make himself a potential target by doing the slamming. He was lucky the guy could get up and walk after hitting the ground the way he did.
I agree - he got lucky that the guy wasn't injured. Actions/consequences. Once I got past the laughter, I immediately began to worry about the consequences.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Whatever happened to the popular old saying..."I'd like to see him try that with someone his own size."

It looked to me like the coach saw a drunk stringbean acting like a fool and decided to try to put him in the hospital. As I said earlier, neither guy did anything to be proud of.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Whatever happened to the popular old saying..."I'd like to see him try that with someone his own size."

It looked to me like the coach saw a drunk stringbean acting like a fool and decided to try to put him in the hospital. As I said earlier, neither guy did anything to be proud of.
Meh, I think you're making too much of it, but whatever. The coach could have put his shoulder into him and driven him into the turf like Bennett on Beuerlein and crushed his ribcage if he'd wanted to. He tossed him down, held him until security arrived, then helped them toss him off the field. How do you think he should have handled it differently?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

The coach didn't start anything. He was cleaning up the drunk fool's mess.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
He tossed him down, held him until security arrived, then helped them toss him off the field. How do you think he should have handled it differently?
It's not a big deal to me either way, but what I think should have happened is for the coach to grab that skinny guy by the arm and then hold on until security arrived. The coach going all Bruce Lee with his over the hip flip of the much smaller guy was a little over the top, in my opinion.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.