Ohio State coach body slams idiot who ran on the field

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It's not a big deal to me either way, but what I think should have happened is for the coach to grab that skinny guy by the arm and then hold on until security arrived. The coach going all Bruce Lee with his over the hip flip of the much smaller guy was a little over the top, in my opinion.
strength and conditioning coaches seem to be a little over the top by nature ;)

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I view it as a coach protecting his players. Probably just a drunk frat boy, but could have been a nut with a knife, gun, bottle of acid.... If he gets sued I will contribute to the defense fund.
Or worse, he could have affected the play on the field.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
It's not a big deal to me either way, but what I think should have happened is for the coach to grab that skinny guy by the arm and then hold on until security arrived. The coach going all Bruce Lee with his over the hip flip of the much smaller guy was a little over the top, in my opinion.
I see what you're saying and all, but I think of that crazy dude that stabbed Monica Seles for instance. Grabbing someone like that by the arm probably gets you stabbed too.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Now, will Ohio State have to explain why that guy was so viciously body slammed? That coach could turn to pro wrestling if he were to get fired.

I honestly don't think coaches should be involved. Security should take care of this! Where was tOSU security? I did see a little lady running out in an officer uniform.

What if the guy got a concussion? Was he a tOSU recruit who came from the sideline? Must not have been someone they really wanted in the next recruiting class.
Blue font, right? You got to be joking.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
You can pretty much find all that's wrong with America in this post.
Wasn't it you that was happy that Penn State had their penalties cut short? The bowl play restored, and scholly's put back in place? And then you argue that objecting to a body slam is a reflection of all that's wrong with this country? My goodness.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
Wasn't it you that was happy that Penn State had their penalties cut short? The bowl play restored, and scholly's put back in place? And then you argue that objecting to a body slam is a reflection of all that's wrong with this country? My goodness.
At least, BiB is consistent. Support for authority no matter authority does. I wouldn't say that's an enlightened view, but apparently it's popular.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
If your first thought is concern for the idiot in the loafers, I'm not sure anything I could say to you would make much of a difference.
Perhaps he has some connection to Ohio State and hates to see them have this kind of exposure. Or maybe, like me, he's seen someone break their hip in an accidental fall, and can't shake it.

Or maybe he knows how devious some lawyers can be, and understands the ambulance chasing racket.

If the idiot had to be carted off the field, unable to walk...well, just imagine... as I said upstream, the coach was lucky the guy could get up and walk off.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I don't care that the idiot was slammed, but the coach was foolish to make himself a potential target by doing the slamming. He was lucky the guy could get up and walk after hitting the ground the way he did.
I agree - he got lucky that the guy wasn't injured. Actions/consequences. Once I got past the laughter, I immediately began to worry about the consequences.
Yes, I would think that is the adult reaction.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.