Hoops prayer for this season

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
My hoops prayer for this season

My preseaon prayer: ;)

O great spirits of basketball . .

We ask your blessings for the Alabama men's basketball team. Help them not to be mediocre or worse. Give them bounteous rebounds. Guide their shots both in and out of the paint through the hoop at a percentage that exceeds forty percent. Banish ticky tack fouls to the nexus of evil in Lee County, Alabama and smite the slimy Pearl with righteous wrath and numerous ongoing NCAA investigations.

Grant us an appearance and wins in the NCAA tournament.

Protect us from injuries.

O great and all-powerful sprit, bring us a true post player with height, bulk, and skills for next season, for our coaches have again failed in this task for this season. Reward our faith that the seeming impossible is possible through you.

Finally, we thank you for all you have done for us, especially for making us not Auburn.

Ahmen.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Anyone know what our starting lineup will tentatively be or have thoughts about the upcoming season. I wanted Grant gone a couple of years but will be in full support of the team this year. Hopefully we have found some shooters..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Anyone know what our starting lineup will tentatively be or have thoughts about the upcoming season. I wanted Grant gone a couple of years but will be in full support of the team this year. Hopefully we have found some shooters..
I would expect the starting five to look like this:

PG - Ricky Tarrant
G - Levi Randolph
G - Rodney Cooper
F - Shannon Hale
F - Jimmie Taylor

First guys off the bench - Michael Kessens, Retin, and Christophe Varidel

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Re: My hoops prayer for this season

I am really going to miss Releford. He was not only one of those superstars who could score a lot of points, but his play made those around him better. With that said, he was the catalyst as well for the emotional stability of the team. When he was up, we were up, and vice versa. I'm hoping with a new face of the team we will be a little more consistent mentally.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: My hoops prayer for this season

Found this on another Alabama board:

It seems that this year's team is close and "chemistry" is why Coach Grant and his staff seem happier and less on edge. The players loved Releford, but are very happy to have "pass first" point guards in Tarrant and Coleman. Levi is the unquestioned leader and has never looked better. Taylor is apparently ready to make the Freshman to Sophomore transition and is going to be a defensive force and we'll see continued offensive upside. Hale had some injuries,but is super skilled and with passing point guards,is expected to increase production this year.Cooper is Cooper. Retin is coming off ankle surgery,but should be fine. What we'll get out of Cooper and Retin is anyone's guess,but I wouldn't be surprised if its positive. Zero info on Varidel. Nothing to report on Mitchell and Norris.Coleman will play early and often. Jeff Garrett has created a buzz in pick up basketball games. One caution,pickup stars don't always translate to organized D-1 basketball and we'll just have to see on him. Tarrant and Kessens seem to be SEC starting talent and Kessens may bring some Horry, McKey inside /outside "4"game that we've been missing. Kessens has had a bunch of injuries so we have to hope he has just been unlucky,but some players are just plain injury prone so we'll see on him as well. If we have a nice year,remember the "chemistry" factor.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.