Oct 4, 2005
CFB has 4 spots. Let's say it's like this w/ the AP and Coaches:

1) 13-0 Oregon PAC-12 Champ
2) 12-0 ND Independent beat F$U, Stanford, USC
3) 12-1 Bama SEC Champ lost on road to LSU
4) 11-1 A&M Lost on Road to Bama

5) 12-1 F$U ACC Champ Lost to ND
6) 12-1 MSU Big10 Champ Lost to Oregon

If the committee put F$U or MSU in over A&M considering the strength of schedules you don't think people would FLIP OUT??
With this, I think you would see both FSU and Michigan State in over Texas A&M. There is going to be so much pressure to only have conference champs in this first year. You would need to have a Penn St 13-1 who got blown out by Northwestern before they even considered it.

With this, I think you would see both FSU and Michigan State in over Texas A&M. There is going to be so much pressure to only have conference champs in this first year. You would need to have a Penn St 13-1 who got blown out by Northwestern before they even considered it.
I agree conference championships are going to carry a lot of weight, like it or not. That's unfortunate.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Probably correct since it has Alabama with a loss, but having beat aTm. In that scenario the aTm loss to Alabama would be diminished by Alabama's loss to someone else. Were Alabama undefeated and the aTm game very close, I could see aTm getting into the playoff.

As soon as FSU losses, they are out. Their schedule is too weak to overcome. Oregon smashed MSU - that will be hard to overcome, but it happened so early in the season that MSU could easily get back into the playoff picture if OSU can manage to play clean until that game.

BigGunn

1st Team
Dec 5, 2004
Pace, Florida
Since big game bob is continually mouthing off, I'd prefer oklahoma at this point. Another thing that has me annoyed today is that espn is omitting the coaches poll from their site. No mention of it. I guess they don't agree.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Probably correct since it has Alabama with a loss, but having beat aTm. In that scenario the aTm loss to Alabama would be diminished by Alabama's loss to someone else. Were Alabama undefeated and the aTm game very close, I could see aTm getting into the playoff.

As soon as FSU losses, they are out. Their schedule is too weak to overcome. Oregon smashed MSU - that will be hard to overcome, but it happened so early in the season that MSU could easily get back into the playoff picture if OSU can manage to play clean until that game.
I am in the minority, but Michigan state is a pretty good team. The loss to Oregon is mitigated by the fact it was early, a long road trip, Spartans lead with about 17 minutes left in the game,the game was closer than the score and Autzen is the loudest place in CFB on Saturdays. I think they will have to blow out most of the big ten to even be considered, and the Ducks have to win the PAC12, but they have a chance. They are the only B1G team that does.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I hate how much of a beauty pageant CFB has become. Joe Paterno had some pretty good Penn State teams that would beat Rutgers and Temple by scores of 13-9. Same with Gene Stallings Alabama teams beating the Southern Misses of the world 15 to 10 and such.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I am in the minority, but Michigan state is a pretty good team. The loss to Oregon is mitigated by the fact it was early, a long road trip, Spartans lead with about 17 minutes left in the game,the game was closer than the score and Autzen is the loudest place in CFB on Saturdays. I think they will have to blow out most of the big ten to even be considered, and the Ducks have to win the PAC12, but they have a chance. They are the only B1G team that does.
I agree with your analysis. They are the only B1G team that can make the playoff this year, and they need some help.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.