Bama #1 in coaches poll

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
With 10 less first place votes, wow! Means that some have FSU ranked really low, as they should be.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Wow...I just expected F$U would continue to get the benefit of the doubt until they lost a game. I'd rather not have the extra pressure of being #1 this early but this makes 7 straight seasons being #1 and that's pretty darn cool.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
It's too early to put them there. Now, we'll be a bigger target this weekend against Ole Sis. I can just hear their head coach. "We're playing the #1 team in the country and we're going to knock 'em off in Oxford this weekend."

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
We find ourselves in the driver's seat once again. But we can't sit on our laurels just because of that. It takes a lot to get to the top, but even more to stay there.
I'm also not surprised that USCe dropped completely out of the polls after losing to (still) unranked Missouri.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It's too early to put them there. Now, we'll be a bigger target this weekend against Ole Sis. I can just hear their head coach. "We're playing the #1 team in the country and we're going to knock 'em off in Oxford this weekend."
they've been able to say they were playing the #1 or #2 team just about every year they have played us since 2009 or so, it hasn't worked for them yet.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

We have been ranked #1 so many times in the past....that I don't think that matters anymore. We always have a target on our back, no matter where we are ranked.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
It will be important to be ranked in the top 4 by season's end in the AP (and hopefully the other polls as well). Even though the polls are arbitrary, the public outcry at the end of the season will be for the top 4 ranked teams in these polls to be in the playoffs. The polls are already driving the narrative (e.g. The commentators for the FSU game mentioned they were the #1 team in the country in their introduction yesterday). The committee will not stray too far from these arbitrary polls in its first year of existence. This is good news. Roll Tide.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
FSU has lost a lot of points. #2 and #3 are not far behind them. So I see them slipping out of #1 over these next few weeks.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.