Ole Miss Starting the Trash Talk Already

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Exactly..Right now we're as good as any team we've had up to this point of the season, we're as good in different ways this year, those teams had a better running game & this years team has a better Offense, as far as the D goes, I think it's a wash, cause we've held a really good WV teams offense way below their average..If our Player gets better each game..With this explosive offense this year..This team may end up becoming Coach Saban's best team he's fielded at Bama..
Do we know that yet? We may not have the line of those teams, but neither of those teams were as explosive as this team. At least not to this point in the season.

Its hard to say what the defense can do, they are just starting to gel, and have still only really allowed one drive for a touchdown.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
They do this every damn year. It's easy. You're such an underdog that if you are right you get to gloat and if you're wrong, nobody even remembers (well, except for folks like me).

Getting tired of all the Joe Namath-wannabes out there. But he got his name in the paper (or whatever) so he accomplished his goal.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Off topic, but did ole siss change their shade of blue? I thought it was darker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk yuuyyyy

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
At this point in the season, I'm far more concerned about Miss State than I am about Ole Miss, and I'm not that concerned about Miss State.

aerospace_ray

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
Alabama
I'm not one that engages in trash talking but some may consider the following statement to border some smack.
Its not Ole Sis that worries me, its their cousins in Starkville....... :) RTR

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
They may very well beat us. Anything can happen but like my daddy always said; don't worry too much about the guy selling wolf tickets, it's the quiet guy in the corner you have to worry about.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Well, he's kind of right. This team isn't as good as say the 2011 or 2012 teams. The problem for Ole Miss is that this team is still much better than they are.
I think it remains to be seen how good this team really is. The first game Alabama didn't look as good as the 2011 or 2012 teams (but that was with a new QB/OC and missing two key defensive starters), but they still looked better than Oklahoma and some miscues aside, looked pretty good since then. There's room for improvement, but there's not much proof at this point that the defense won't turn out to be nearly as good as those years with a much more dynamic offense. I do agree that Alabama should be a lot better than Ole Miss, which just doesn't have the depth...

Well Memphis did light up UCLA for 35 points.
I just know we recruited all their secondary starters pretty darn hard.
You're right though. They haven't played much of a schedule to date.
Yeah, but UCLA won their first three games by a combined 18 points, they weren't impressive against anyone.

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014
There is only a few reasons teams talk trash.

1) The team is a rival and hates the other school and no matter what will put them down.

2) The team has idiots on the team that do not know any better.

3) The team is scared and know they are not as good as the other team but want to put on a strong front for their fan base to believe.

I believe 2 and 3 are spot on in this case.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.