Ole Miss Starting the Trash Talk Already

What I can't believe is that there are some here who are trying to downplay Ole Miss talking. The "if you need to get up to play" Blah Blah Blah...

When I played ball, no matter how small the opponent, if you ran your mouth it got me going just a little bit more than usual. And they got ran off the floor.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
That was part of the Chucky Mullins Day this past Saturday. In 89 when Chucky played (& got hurt), they wore that lighter shade. Thus the lighter helmets Saturday.
Close. They had special 'Chucky Mullins' helmets done - replacing the OM logo with '38' on all their helmets, only to find at the last minute that they violated some NCAA rule and couldn't be used, so they pulled out the lighter blue ones that they had planned on debuting against Bama this week...

ETA: these are the helmets they were going to wear vs Memphis:

Last edited:

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
What I can't believe is that there are some here who are trying to downplay Ole Miss talking. The "if you need to get up to play" Blah Blah Blah...

When I played ball, no matter how small the opponent, if you ran your mouth it got me going just a little bit more than usual. And they got ran off the floor.
You're right. It has only been established over and over and over that players listen to this stuff, and pay attention to it. Some people continue to refuse to believe it though. Coaches realize it, and they use it to their advantage.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
One thing I've know is when you talk trash, and Bama players don't bite into it.. that's when things get hairy... ND players did that.. Ole Miss did that... The players will respond in practice this week... Whenever you hear Coach saying that weve had a good practice week, That spells trouble for the other team. He usually know how the team will perform before the week is out. I hope we dominate Ole Miss to the point where Folks will be talking about it on Sunday.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Close. They had special 'Chucky Mullins' helmets done - replacing the OM logo with '38' on all their helmets, only to find at the last minute that they violated some NCAA rule and couldn't be used, so they pulled out the lighter blue ones that they had planned on debuting against Bama this week...

ETA: these are the helmets they were going to wear vs Memphis:

That would have been cool. Not sure why the ncaa would forbid it.

I also noticed that the hash marks at the 38 yard line were colored red.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
Bo Wallace did something similar last season. He said, "We can score on anybody."
Alabama won 25-0.

Granted, Bo did score; for us. We sacked him for a safety.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
On CBS radio's Tim Brando Show today, Brando told Tony Barnhart - "Alabama is not playing as well as Baylor, Mississippi State, Michigan State, Ole Miss or Auburn." "I see Ole Miss winning big."

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
I can never decide if Brando is a troll delighting in getting a rise out of bama fans or if he is truly an idiot.
On CBS radio's Tim Brando Show today, Brando told Tony Barnhart - "Alabama is not playing as well as Baylor, Mississippi State, Michigan State, Ole Miss or Auburn." "I see Ole Miss winning big."

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
and as per usual, by next week, brando will magically forget his predictions and continue blowing hot air and getting paid very handsomely for it.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I can never decide if Brando is a troll delighting in getting a rise out of bama fans or if he is truly an idiot.
probably a bit of both. he gets paid a lot of money to generate "buzz", but he also has a big bias against bama and doesn't do very well at hiding it or keeping it from impacting his professional judgement.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Amazing he say that because he tweeted this earlier:

@TimBrando
My Top 10:
1)Oregon
2)OU
3)Alabama
4)Texas A&M
5)UCLA
6)Baylor
7)Michigan State
8)Mississippi State
9)Auburn
10)Ole Miss #timbrandoshow

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

@TimBrando
My Top 10:
1)Oregon
2)OU
3)Alabama
4)Texas A&M
5)UCLA
6)Baylor
7)Michigan State
8)Mississippi State
9)Auburn
I was shocked, when I heard him say it. Dumbfounded.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Brando sees his beloved LSU tiggers are down this year so he has to spew rubbish on the best team. He has always hated Bama and takes any opportunity to put us down.

The Ole Miss game worries me less than State and A&M. Wallace will hand out gifts for us as he always has and we'll beat them soundly. Our offense is as good as any in the country. Kiffin will find ways to get the receivers open because they will try to stack the box to stop our run game. We can only beat ourselves if we turn the ball over and put the defense in a bad positiion.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com

@TimBrando
My Top 10:
1)Oregon
2)OU
3)Alabama
4)Texas A&M
5)UCLA
6)Baylor
7)Michigan State
8)Mississippi State
9)Auburn
During the UCLA game Sat, he said UCLA is playing as good as anyone in the country and they were in his top 4 easily. He said he had them in HIS top 4 at the start of the year too.

Brando is a hack that is just full of it.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Since being cut off from CBS and also his radio show not being carried on as many stations. He has to make a buzz somehow. Brando doesn't believe half the stuff that comes out of his mouth. It is a business to him and whatever he can say to get his name out there is what he is going to do.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Ole Miss was very physical on defense last year. Seems like when we were doing those crossing routes they were just sitting waiting for them and they would lay the wood to our receivers. This will be a tough game for sure, but we are better coached this year I feel. The o-line has had a year under Coach Cristobal and we have a better game day play caller.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.