Ole Miss Starting the Trash Talk Already

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
He just said in his press conference Eddie and Tony will compete this week to see which one starts Saturday.
Which ONE starts? That must mean Cyrus is still holding down the other spot. I would like to see Eddie and Tony start..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Which ONE starts? That must mean Cyrus is still holding down the other spot. I would like to see Eddie and Tony start..
Have to remember Eddie is still recovering from injuries and Tony doesn't have the game reps that Cyrus has. On an even playing field, Eddie and Tony probably start.

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN
Since I live in Memphis, this game is almost more important than the Iron Bowl. Ole Sis people have been talking trash since the end of the game last year. What I need is a 50-0 pounding to at least slow down the trash talk.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Have to remember Eddie is still recovering from injuries and Tony doesn't have the game reps that Cyrus has. On an even playing field, Eddie and Tony probably start.
Year true. OM has some big receivers.l though. Hope Cyrus can hold his own and start trying to locate the ball when it is in the air..

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Since I live in Memphis, this game is almost more important than the Iron Bowl. Ole Sis people have been talking trash since the end of the game last year. What I need is a 50-0 pounding to at least slow down the trash talk.
I hope we give them a big old fat football enema this weekend. I'd love nothing more than another shut out and it be on their home turf.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Brando sees his beloved LSU tiggers are down this year so he has to spew rubbish on the best team. He has always hated Bama and takes any opportunity to put us down.

The Ole Miss game worries me less than State and A&M. Wallace will hand out gifts for us as he always has and we'll beat them soundly. Our offense is as good as any in the country. Kiffin will find ways to get the receivers open because they will try to stack the box to stop our run game. We can only beat ourselves if we turn the ball over and put the defense in a bad positiion.
actually I feel quite the opposite. Ole Miss is an SEC road game where anything can happen. the rebels haven't beaten us since CNS arrived. this is probably the most talented OM team sans QB and RBs. if they are going to beat Bama, this is the year to do so . Miss St is good but they usually played a very tired and mentally drained Bama team following an LSU game on the road. the Bulldogs get the advantage of scheduling hence the game with them seems more difficult because of the LSU aftermath and the physical game they bring every time they face Bama. TAMU will be tough but I don't think they will be good enough to win us esp. against our offense. both games are at home. I believe the OM game will define our season.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I think that missing quarter hurt to by the way. It might seem like much, but this early in his Alabama career, Tony missing out on a quarter of live action had to hurt a bit. I guess you could say the same for Coker as well.

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX

Why? How does a fan base continue to talk trash to a team that takes them to the woodshed almost yearly and hasn't really done ....e in football since a Manning was their QB. Baffles me. They are always hyped up early and then fall off the planet at the end of the year.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I'm with you brother, 50 -0 would be nice! RTR!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
For whatever reason Ole Miss always tries to have a rivalry with us, but a 40 victory margin on the field really doesnt look like a relevant rivalry to me. Moo State has more claim of a rivalry to us because of the distance and ties between the schools plus we played them a lot more than ole Miss even though it is like 70 to 18 margin.

To be honest the game Saturday feels like the 09 game. They hyped that one up the instant the 08 game was over. I just hope the result is the same

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
i seem to remember one year when we had 3 wins and one of those wins was a 45-7 win over Ole Miss. Why on Earth these guys seem to do nothing but talk trash.

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
Okay for me this is a big game for us Bama fans living in Mississippi if Bama loses it will be tough living here. I remember still the last time they beat us in Tuscaloosa with TT.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.