Ole Miss Starting the Trash Talk Already

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
You would think they wouldn't want to provide bulletin board material after struggling to beat Boise St and Memphis..

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Well, he's kind of right. This team isn't as good as say the 2011 or 2012 teams. The problem for Ole Miss is that this team is still much better than they are.

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
Well, he's kind of right. This team isn't as good as say the 2011 or 2012 teams. The problem for Ole Miss is that this team is still much better than they are.
Do we know that yet? We may not have the line of those teams, but neither of those teams were as explosive as this team. At least not to this point in the season.

Its hard to say what the defense can do, they are just starting to gel, and have still only really allowed one drive for a touchdown.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
They are very good defensively, especially in the secondary.
Offensively, I don't think they'll score many if any against us.
I know this--Teams are NOT going to run the ball on us running it sideways, and that's what they try to do.
I read another quote this morning that I laughed at. One of their guys said something like.
"We're not worried about anybody. They're coming to our house, so they're the ones with the uphill battle".
When I think of Ole Miss I always have to say, "Bless Their Hearts".
They just don't know any better, and they can't help it.
sip

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
They are very good defensively, especially in the secondary.
Offensively, I don't think they'll score many if any against us.
I know this--Teams are NOT going to run the ball on us running it sideways, and that's what they try to do.
I read another quote this morning that I laughed at. One of their guys said something like.
"We're not worried about anybody. They're coming to our house, so they're the ones with the uphill battle".
When I think of Ole Miss I always have to say, "Bless Their Hearts".
They just don't know any better, and they can't help it.
sip
Sip,

I'm not saying you're wrong, but we don't know if they are good in the secondary yet, they haven't played anyone yet. We will put everything they're being praised for to the test next Saturday.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Sip,

I'm not saying you're wrong, but we don't know if they are good in the secondary yet, they haven't played anyone yet. We will put everything they're being praised for to the test next Saturday.

Well Memphis did light up UCLA for 35 points.
I just know we recruited all their secondary starters pretty darn hard.
You're right though. They haven't played much of a schedule to date.

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
Ole Miss is good, but not great. They seem to get the five star's and they start right away some are young and will make mistakes in the secondary, Bama needs to take advantage of their mistakes, they will come out in the first quarter a mile high, will be hitting very hard hopefully we will take advantage of their aggression. They will try to make Bama pass to beat them, they don't think Blake can beat them in the air.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Well...we're not good the same way we've been. We're good. Just not with a suffocating defense and dominating running game. Not yet at least. It's not proven.

But...again..if you need something that someone says to get you ready to play, it says more about you than it does about them.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
Obviously he was alluding to our defense...but if he thinks our offense isn't as good as it has been...well then, bless his heart.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Why does everyone think our defense is not as good? We haven't had a game yet with our two best corners starting, Brown and Jackson. If those two guys get roasted then yea I will say we are not as good. Until then I just think we are unproven..

markenk

1st Team
Aug 3, 2003
England
Well Memphis did light up UCLA for 35 points.
I just know we recruited all their secondary starters pretty darn hard.
You're right though. They haven't played much of a schedule to date.
Memphis has a very good team this year.

On the other hand, we may not have the NFL-ready defense like we did in 2011, but I believe this team is actually better than those years past in terms of overall talent and prowess.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.