Ole Miss - Memphis Brawl: Could Ole Miss Have Players Suspended?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Hope not. No excuses when we remind them that they are still Ole Myth.
If they want to gripe about not having players that are suspended for fighting on the field, they can go right ahead. They wouldn't have to worry about it if their players didn't throw punches or slap helmets.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I think 97 will be suspended for a game because he was ejected. Not sure about the college rule but I think that's correct. Amazingly, 97 is their kicker, so yeah, that could hurt them.
Moral of the story--Don't commit stupid penalties and you don't have to worry about it.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I think 97 will be suspended for a game because he was ejected. Not sure about the college rule but I think that's correct. Amazingly, 97 is their kicker, so yeah, that could hurt them.
Moral of the story--Don't commit stupid penalties and you don't have to worry about it.

97 is their kicker, I asked the question yesterday but no one answered. Of course I asked on he wrong thread.

Besides, if guys are suspended, they lose to us and then win out, are they undefeated in the eyes of the committee?

Last edited:

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
97 is their kicker, I asked the question yesterday but no one answered. Of course I asked on he wrong thread.

Besides, if guys are suspended, they lose to us and then win out, are they undefeated in the eyes of the committee?
au contraire mon ami

I answered you just didn't see it.:)
http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232004&page=3

The kicker should be good to go because it was the first half when he was kicked out of the game.

1. Fighting. The ejection penalty for this one is most similar to the new proposal. If a player is flagged for fighting in the first half, he misses the rest of the game. If it happens in the second half, he misses the rest of that game plus the first half of the next game.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...-football-game

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Perhaps we should redefine fight/brawl?

Just pushing & shoving. Nothing to see here. Let 'em all get a piece of this mudhole stomping they're about to get.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Suspensions unlikely. However, I predict the commentators next week will blame any strong play by Alabama on the fatigue of Ole Miss from that brawl:)

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Expect some sort of uniform/crowd dress gimmick. Light blue helmets, all red, all blue, throwbacks, white-out, blue-out, some-other-color-out, whatever.

They may have numbers 38 (Chucky Mullins' number) and 18 (Archie Manning) plastered all over Oxford.

They will have prepared for this as if it were Armageddon. If you think they started today (Sunday after their Memphis game), I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale, cheap.

We'll have to withstand an emotional onslaught from both the team and the crowd for the first 5-7 minutes. If we can do so, and not lose poise, we'll prevail. Ole Miss will win this early, or they won't win it at all.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.