Link: AP voter has 3 SEC West teams ahead of Bama.

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012
That is a joke. Although it is a slap in the face, the truth is, it doesn't really matter because it will all be settled on the football field.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Sounds like someone who wanted to get shock value early in the process so we will pay attention to him every week. At the end of the season, he will look very foolish.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
This is the sort of misconduct which has rendered the AP poll a joke...
Agreed. But in the AP poll, there were 60 or so voters. So individual craziness usually -- more on that in a second-- gets cancelled out. Unlike a committee of 16, where the numbers are too small to overcome dolts (are you reading, Pat Haden?)

Yes, I remember the jobbing we got at the hands of a few pollsters who left the 1977 11-1 Alabama team off their ballots altogether. Not so coincidentally, they put Notre Dame #1. Cost us a three-peat.

All that said, I'd rather submit myself to the judgment of 60+\- pollsters over 16 far more agenda-ridden members of the new BCS playoff crew.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Sounds like someone who wanted to get shock value early in the process so we will pay attention to him every week. At the end of the season, he will look very foolish.
He looks pretty foolish now. He has some kind of agenda just not sure what . Appears to me he doesn't like Alabama or FSU because he placed our upcoming opponent way done the list relative to where most had them and low rated the Seminole's biggest future opponent in Notre Dame. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
There are actually 4 voters who have 6th.

These polls are purely for our entertainment now anyway. The have no bearing whatsoever on the final 4.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Thankfully there's more than 13 people voting in the AP poll, and that we can actually see how people are voting.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.